• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging problem

Gtxftw

Lurker
Dec 3, 2013
Norway
Hi. I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy s2 and it has become quite wierd the last months.
It doesnt always recognize the charger and may take a minute before it starts charging. When i remove the charger it thinks its charging for another minute.
But this morning it began flashing the screen on/off over and over because it thought it was charging and stopped. charging and stopped. rapidly over and over again. So i removed the battery and restarted the device. But when i put the battery back in, it thought it was charging for 5 seconds and stopped over and over again so i could not turn the device on. When i got to school i plugged in the charger and turned it on. It still have the problem when i turn it off i cant get it to start without charging it, and i cant turn it completely off without taking out the battery.
Do anyone know what the problem could be? :thinking:

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Gtxftw! :)

Lets see if we can sort you out...

Hi. I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy s2 and it has become quite wierd the last months.
It doesnt always recognize the charger and may take a minute before it starts charging. When i remove the charger it thinks its charging for another minute.
But this morning it began flashing the screen on/off over and over because it thought it was charging and stopped. charging and stopped. rapidly over and over again. So i removed the battery and restarted the device. But when i put the battery back in, it thought it was charging for 5 seconds and stopped over and over again so i could not turn the device on. When i got to school i plugged in the charger and turned it on. It still have the problem when i turn it off i cant get it to start without charging it, and i cant turn it completely off without taking out the battery.
Do anyone know what the problem could be? :thinking:

It sounds as though you have a problem with your USB port. I think that Slug's reply in the following thread is your best option to begin with...

Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) Charging port problem?

Upvote 0
I tried to clean it out with a paintbrush but with no luck..
It still thinks its charging when its off, so i cant start the phone without the charger plugged in. I did remove a lot of stock apps after i rooted the phone so i suspect it might have messed up the phone.
It might have been an incident that the charging problem occurred after the root.
Yes i have tried different chargers, but i think its the phone thats f****d up. :)
Any other suggestions than reinstalling the software or replacing the port? :thinking:
My S2 is approx 2 years old so i would love to keep it for another 2 years if possible. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones