1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charging problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gtxftw, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Gtxftw

Gtxftw Lurker

Hi. I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy s2 and it has become quite wierd the last months.
    It doesnt always recognize the charger and may take a minute before it starts charging. When i remove the charger it thinks its charging for another minute.
    But this morning it began flashing the screen on/off over and over because it thought it was charging and stopped. charging and stopped. rapidly over and over again. So i removed the battery and restarted the device. But when i put the battery back in, it thought it was charging for 5 seconds and stopped over and over again so i could not turn the device on. When i got to school i plugged in the charger and turned it on. It still have the problem when i turn it off i cant get it to start without charging it, and i cant turn it completely off without taking out the battery.
    Do anyone know what the problem could be? :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Gtxftw! :)

Lets see if we can sort you out...

It sounds as though you have a problem with your USB port. I think that Slug's reply in the following thread is your best option to begin with...

Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) Charging port problem?

3. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

Have you tried a different USB cable? Different charger? Connected to computer? Car charger?

4. Gtxftw

Gtxftw Lurker

I tried to clean it out with a paintbrush but with no luck..
    It still thinks its charging when its off, so i cant start the phone without the charger plugged in. I did remove a lot of stock apps after i rooted the phone so i suspect it might have messed up the phone.
    It might have been an incident that the charging problem occurred after the root.
    Yes i have tried different chargers, but i think its the phone thats f****d up. :)
    Any other suggestions than reinstalling the software or replacing the port? :thinking:
    My S2 is approx 2 years old so i would love to keep it for another 2 years if possible. :p

5. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

You will need to Odin it back to stock. But you will probably need to do the Triangle Away thing first. Here's a link to instructions for the i9100. Just be sure to get the info for you exact phone and carrier. Do not flash the files for a different version of the S2!!!

Gtxftw likes this.
  6. Gtxftw

Gtxftw Lurker

I have now installed a new ROM but the problem is still there. I dont think it is a problem with the software of the phone but i cannot be 100% sure. Here is a video of the problem i found on youtube
    Galaxy S2 power off cycling battery icon - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews