• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging question

Havish67

Lurker
Apr 5, 2018
charging my phone with the phone off as battery ran out, only had a half a day

It tells me for about 10 seconds what the % is then it goes black again
it is charging but normally i can see all the way upto 100%
if I press a button it tells me what the % charge is it but should i have to do this?
is there a reason why it isnt showing the % when charging when the phone is off, is this normal?

I did try the volume down and power in case was firmware

I'm not entirely clear on what your asking..

However, with my S10+ power off charging works like so:

Ring appears with a lightening icon within, seconds later the % zooms up and stays on screen for some 10 seconds before fading out and finally turning the screen off. If I press a button the ring appears with the % charged. This will again disappear.

The only time I see a permanent charging status is if the phone is physically switched on and I have the AOD set to on.

Upvote 0
I'm not entirely clear on what your asking..

However, with my S10+ power off charging works like so:

Ring appears with a lightening icon within, seconds later the % zooms up and stays on screen for some 10 seconds before fading out and finally turning the screen off. If I press a button the ring appears with the % charged. This will again disappear.

The only time I see a permanent charging status is if the phone is physically switched on and I have the AOD set to on.

okay thanks, its just the only phone i ever had that doesn't tell me the % when charging even my old s7 when switched off told me the charging %
I thought it would tell me when fully charged but even do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones