1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charging quirk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by weyland76, May 22, 2011.

1. weyland76

weyland76 Newbie

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable that little quirk with the battery stopping charging at 100% then not charging again til it drops to 95% - the battery is bad enough already without starting the day without a full charge.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

In a word. No.

This is done to protect the battery - Li-Ion batteries really don't like being overcharged (they tend to explode).
    One suggestion I have seen here though is (assuming you leave it on charge overnight) when you come to it in the morning, simply turn off the charger for 5s then back on and the phone will top itself up while you are drinking your morning tea/coffee/caffeinated beverage of choice. Should only take 20m or so.

weyland76 likes this.
  3. GrenW

GrenW Android Expert

The Rom I'm using has a tweaked kernel that makes sure I start the day with 100%. That's the only way I'm aware of though.

4. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

Only other way, that occurred to me this morning, is to invest in one of those clockwork mains timers and set it to turn off for 15mins then on again an hour before you get up.

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Clever

6. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

Heh.
    Apart for the fact that it occurred to me while I was walking back home to get the phone I'd left on the kitchen windowsill after putting it back on charge to top it up from 90%...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews