1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support charging the memo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BABA30, Dec 28, 2013.

1. BABA30

BABA30 Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    Bought my wife a memo for Christmas and during the setup (reading the instructions) I found that they stated that the charger should NOT be left plugged to the tablet for more than eight hours or damage could result. I ask; what piece of equipment this day and time do you have to remove the charger after a specific time frame. My phone, my laptop, etc. don't state that it must be unplugged after a period of time.

does anyone know for a fact that leaving it plugged up for more than the specified time will in fact damage the unit.

thanks,

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The damage that could result (with any device) is that if the charger goes bad while it's plugged into the device it can destroy the electronics. If they're telling you that you can fully recharge a battery that you've brought down to 10% while you're using the tab in 8 hours, they need to go back to Electricity 101 class.

My phones are almost always plugged in. My laptop only gets unplugged when I take it out of the house. Yet I have a 10 year old phone that still works as well as the day I got it, and still has the original battery in it. (It's useless for anything but phone calls, but in an emergency ...)

3. BABA30

BABA30 Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    the instructions clearly state not to leave it plugged in over eight hours!!!!

this is the first device that I have encountered that states that if left plugged up over a certain time that it will damage the device!!!

had I known that I wouldn't have bought it.

thanks for your response