1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Charging time?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jameskrem, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Jameskrem

Jameskrem Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2017
    How much time does it take to completely charge it? Using the charger that comes with the phone took 40 minutes to go from 13% to 23%! Is that normal?

Advertisement

2. kredka

kredka Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    If it is new issue it is not normal - does it happen every time? Sometimes phone does not recognize the charger, and then the time of charging is excessively long, but reconnecting charger should help. Sometimes you may need to restart phone since quick charge is software issue and when operating memory is overload it can not recognize possibility of quick charge.

On the other hand I have heard that sometimes CAT phones are sold with charger not supporting quick charge - then it is unfortunately normal. You can check if your charger has logo "Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0".

3. kredka

kredka Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    By the way: my phone after quick charge often gets slower and need restart. Does anybody came across such phone behaviour?

Another thing is over 90% time left for charging is not showed properly. Last 15 minutes may turn out about 1 hour long. Is this only my problem?

4. Jameskrem

Jameskrem Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. The charger is a regular 1 amp charger.I guess it's normal then.By the way the phone is brand new.

5. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    phone is new?
    and you are using the NEW cable it came with?
    and you are using the NEW plug it came with?
    and it took 40 minutes to get 10% charge?

if so... then that is NOT normal.
    it would take you 400 minutes to get from 0% to full charge.. which is like 7 hrs.

normal charge should be less than 4 hrs
    quick charge should be under 2 hrs

6. kredka

kredka Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    I will not agree. If you have 1 amp charger and have to get almost 4000 mAh than it will take more than 4 h to fully charge. I use different chargers and some of them need almost 7 h to fully charge the phone since they give small output, while charger originally send with the phone needs about 2 h. Then unfortunately it may be normal to charge 10% so long with a weak charger even if the phone is brandly new. Physics cannot be cheated.

7. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    i am thinking it is a brand new.. (not some cheap Chinese copy / off brand)... phone package.

the charger plug that it comes with.. should not be some cheap small output charger.
    it should be able to charge in under 3 hrs. Normal.

if it is a cheap small output then.. use the OLD charger from the old phone.
    if that does not help.. find a old good cable that you have used.. and try that as well.

8. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Forty minutes to only do 10% isn't a very good charge time. But keep in mind when it comes to numbers and charging, they're somewhat representative,not actual. Plus battery charging isn't completely linear so doing something like comparing charge time when the battery is at 13% won't necessarily be the same amount of time when it's at 93%.
    Your phone has a relatively sizable battery too, 3800 mAh, so it's really surprising if the included charger is only a paltry 1 amp. That's more appropriate for way back when 1000mAh (1 amp = 1000 mA) batteries were the norm. I'd put that charger aside as an emergency spare and just buy a good, 2A + charger:
    http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-multiport-usb-wall-charger/

http://www.gsmarena.com/cat_s60-7928.php

9. Jameskrem

Jameskrem Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2017
    OK. I just used a 2.0 amp charger and it took 9 mins to make the 10% gain. It seems strange that a 540 euro phone has such a low quality charger. The charger that came with the phone is an htc and the logo was painted with black marker (?). I had to clean it to see the brand.

svim likes this.
  10. kredka

kredka Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    Yes - it is strange. I have heard that sometimes s60 were sold with a charger not supporting quick charge but since your problem I was treating it as a myth...

That marker logo seems really odd... Are you sure that package was brandly new, with whole package sealed in a plastic before opening? Not an exposure one? Did you bought it online or stationary?

11. Jameskrem

Jameskrem Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2017
    It was not sealed in plastic it was just the yellow carton case but the tape was on. I bought it online from a trusted shop.

12. kredka

kredka Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2017
    Female
    If I remember well mine box was covered with thin brand foil cover - like some boxes with filled chocolates or with puzzles. I am not sure what kind of the tape you mean - if it was glued straight around the yellow case than it means that somebody else has opened it before you (he might not even touch the phone but just change the charger).