• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging...

That is obviously not proper behavior for battery charging. Normal charging should be about 7-8% charge per 10 minutes of charging up to about 92-95% full charge. The last 5-8% takes longer as the battery charge protection software slows the flow of amps to protect the battery from over-charge.

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend a restart and or a battery pull and then try charging again. Also, I would check that the charger is in a wall socket that is actually getting power as well as making sure the micro usb connection to the phone is proper and fully inserted.

Upvote 0
Yes, but wait about 10 seconds or more before putting the battery back in. There has been some debate on whether to have the phone powered down first or not, personally I haven't found a difference either way.

Different chargers can charge at different rates. I still use my old Blackberry Bold charger simply because it has a longer cord. If your not using the charger that came with the phone, than definitely give that a shot.

If your still having difficulty, you may want to call Verizon tech support. Your charger or even your phone (hopefully not!) may be defective.

Reactions: OmfgItsEric
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones