1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Chat App XMPP connection and SSL

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mark56, Jan 8, 2015.

?

Is anyone else still using there Verizon HTC Incredible on a daily basis?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mark56

Mark56 Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2015
    Male
    Business Analytics
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good Day,

We are looking for a free IM/chat app that we can connect to our new email server, SmarterMail. The iPhone people are all set up but the few of us that have Androids are having to fend for ourselves.

After spending hours going through the Google Play store I have downloaded and tried about a dozen like IM+, andsChat, AstraChat, etc. but none of them seem to either connect to our server, or there is no selection to connect with an SSL connection.

I probably have the oldest Android in the company, an original HTC Incredible from Verizon. the OS is like v 2.1 and I cannot use my banking deposit picture taking because they require a v2.3 minimum. My co-workers keep teasing me about it but I cannot find a smartphone that is smaller then this and I surely do not want one that is bigger, I'm just sayin'.

So I have come here seeking some knowledge that I am sure this group would have. Any suggestions as to some possible applications that would fit the bill? Thank you for any suggestions.

Mark M.

Advertisement