1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chat group messages not sending/receiving

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GPJan09, Jul 27, 2018.

1. GPJan09

GPJan09 Lurker

I use Textra for my SMS app. Best app hands down. But, sometimes (random times), I cannot send out a simple word text in the group chat. It is stuck in the sending phase. Also, a lot of times my phone will not receive the actual texts in the group chat. They are not pictures, just word texts. My phone will let me know it is downloading the text and it looks like its a picture downloading, but its not. I have pretty good service everywhere I go. I have SPRINT...that could be the problem, but I figured I would post here and see what people come up with.

-GP

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

its your carrier. the app simply sends/ receives data. if it cant get the data, it wont download.

you can always try a different app and see if you have the same issues. thats a good litmus test.

i use tmobile and a tmo variant note 8. i mostly text iphone users and sometimes we get into lots of giphy text conversations and i always get the messages.

if i send a large photo through textra, the sending (3 green dots) phase may be a few seconds but it does go through.

im sure this happens to other phones/carriers and not just you. i just know from my experience the texts do go through.

now! I have another phone (a trap/burner phone) i use to talk/text with some ladies and i use standard android messenger. currently im texting a young lady on that phone (tmobile, asus zenfone 3 deluxe) and she is on verizon. more than once in the last couple weeks she's sent me texts that I did not receive and i have sent her text she didn't receive. so this can happen even on other mesengers and carriers. she uses an iphone.

its probably random in nature and you probably can't reproduce it everytime, so yea, network congestion/carrier issue...

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!