• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap Android Device

Nsane1

Apr 16, 2010
Western KY
I've got some friends that have Incredibles, Droids, and Droid x's that work at a nuclear power plant that can not have cameras in their phones. So instead of ripping their cameras out of those phones they're looking for a cheap Android phone for work to rip the cameras out of.

I'm just curious, wasn't there a couple of Android devices for Verizon before the Eris? They can get an Eris on ebay for around 125. But were kinda looking for cheaper.

They would still have to pay the data fee each month so why would anyone intentionally get a crappy phone when there are better ones out there? I understand about the camera, maybe they should get a free "talk only" phone and add a second line? That, to me, makes more sense than buying a POS Android phone and paying $30/month for the privilege of having a crappy phone.

Upvote 0
this is one of the only situations where i say this but...
maybe its time to move to a company that uses sim cards?
a friend of mine works on an army base and cannot have a camera either. she has att and switches the sim card between a phone only device and an LG ally whenever she goes to work. this was her solution. personally i think i would just rip the camera out of my incredible
(id be very sad to do so though).
there are companies that will pull the camera for you and test/warrenty the device as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones