1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cheap android with good functions?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by volaxis, Dec 23, 2011.

1. volaxis

volaxis Lurker

I love to hack stuff to death, take it all apart, reprogram, so I'll want a phone that has few r

Basically I want this for mp3's (8+Gb's)/ offline gps navigation/sms txt's/wifi torrenting, odd photos. Would like a good battery life (mp3's on trips). The larger the screen the better for my fat fingers.

Obviously the galaxy s2 is the shining star but to expensive. The galaxy S is almost within price range though, what are the major flaws in that one? For about the same price the LG X2.

I try read reviews but either they say "this is awesome because its .1 spec better" or "I owed 6 other phones and this one is the best!"... Really just want to know which older phones to avoid.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If Galaxy S is within reach, I'd say go for it. Or you can check out the Galaxy R or Galaxy W

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I’ve had an Optimus S (Sprint) for a year. It’s a cheap little thing -- free with plan sometimes -- and does all it can to act like its big brothers. Any carrier’s Optimus would act about the same, I suppose.

4. volaxis

volaxis Lurker

I think I'm leaning toward the LG 2x, its as cheap as the first generation galaxy but almost as good as the second. I hear it has problems with support but is supported by cyanogen so ill just custom job it. Also its the only phone I see with 24fps 1080p video, while the others are locked at 30fps, I prefer 24fps to fit in my video workflow.