• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Cheap Car Charger

Upvote 0
I wouldn trust any cheap charger not alone a car charger! Your phone is a very sensitive piece of kit, and the charge has to be regular and smoooth. Your saving of a few quid could cost you hundreds. Always use AC mains where possible.

Mine isn't the official car charger but it works fine and charges AC in my car. I've had it for more than half a year and still working great.

Although i know and understand where you coming from but back then the 'official' charger wasn't out so, i'm glad mine wasn't 0.5amp USB ones.

Upvote 0
Mine isn't the official car charger but it works fine and charges AC in my car. I've had it for more than half a year and still working great.

Although i know and understand where you coming from but back then the 'official' charger wasn't out so, i'm glad mine wasn't 0.5amp USB ones.

Is there an official car charger for HTC devices? Apple haven't released one for the iPhone, and that's because the electricity from your car's lighter socket isn't smooth enough!

Upvote 0
Is there an official car charger for HTC devices? Apple haven't released one for the iPhone, and that's because the electricity from your car's lighter socket isn't smooth enough!

HTC has a couple of official ones as i understand. There's 2 of them which are compatible with Desire CC C200 and CC C300 (dual usb)

The other 'official' ones should work too.

Upvote 0
HTC has a couple of official ones as i understand. There's 2 of them which are compatible with Desire CC C200 and CC C300 (dual usb)

The other 'official' ones should work too.

The CC C200 is a good charger and not too pricey for a HTC product... stick with the manufacturers stuff where possible then you know it'll work with the phone concerned without giving you problems.

Upvote 0
I wouldn trust any cheap charger not alone a car charger! Your phone is a very sensitive piece of kit, and the charge has to be regular and smoooth. Your saving of a few quid could cost you hundreds. Always use AC mains where possible.

I wouldn't either. Anything that controls the flow of electricity to a device needs to be chosen with care

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones