1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cheap method for removing scratches off gorilla glass?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by xoomandroid, Apr 22, 2012.

1. xoomandroid

xoomandroid Lurker

Hey guys, I'm new to androidforums.com and I want to know if you guys know a way to get a couple of light scratches off Gorilla Glass. I own a Motorola Xoom and I've already tried the cotton bud toothpaste method which does not work. I'm looking for some cheap methods with household items since I'm only 13 and my parents won't let me waste so much money on buying polishes, buffs, and stuff like that for just a couple of scratches. Please tell me some methods!

Thanks,
    Xoomandroid.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Satires

Satires Android Expert

From what I understand, it is not possible to remove scratches from any glass screen. The only solution is a Zagg screen protector that fills in and hides the scratches if they make them for your device.

xoomandroid likes this.
  3. xoomandroid

xoomandroid Lurker

Thanks for the tip, I checked out the Zagg invisisheild for the Xoom on Amazon, but I was wondering if there were any methods to at least conceal the scratches. Maybe I'll ask my parents to get me a Zagg screen protector, but instead of going for that and making a quick decision, I want to see if there are any other methods to do so.

Thanks for your help,
    Xoomandroid.

Amazon link for ZAGG
    Amazon.com: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Motorola Xoom (Screen) (MOTXOOMS): Electronics

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Putting a screen protector would hide the scratches (did that a lot on my old 5800) unless the scratches are huge and deep.

5. xoomandroid

xoomandroid Lurker

Yeah, I guess I should really go for the screen protector idea. Thanks guys.
    And the scratches are pretty light. You can only see them if the screen is black.
    I hope screen protectors do the job.

Thanks,
    Xoomandroid.

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Remember though screen protectors are solely there to protect your device from scratches like when you put your phone in your pocket with your keys or accidentally put a pencil in your pocket with your phone...in no way are screen protectors going to deter your screen from being cracked if dropped.

The best way to elude this from happening is to buy a case.

Hope the protectors work for ya! :)

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Gorilla glass is probably too hard for toothpaste. Jewelers Rouge might work. It's what they use for finishing and polishing lenses.

KOLIO likes this.