• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cheap method for removing scratches off gorilla glass?

xoomandroid

Lurker
Apr 22, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to androidforums.com and I want to know if you guys know a way to get a couple of light scratches off Gorilla Glass. I own a Motorola Xoom and I've already tried the cotton bud toothpaste method which does not work. I'm looking for some cheap methods with household items since I'm only 13 and my parents won't let me waste so much money on buying polishes, buffs, and stuff like that for just a couple of scratches. Please tell me some methods!

Thanks,
Xoomandroid.

Thanks for the tip, I checked out the Zagg invisisheild for the Xoom on Amazon, but I was wondering if there were any methods to at least conceal the scratches. Maybe I'll ask my parents to get me a Zagg screen protector, but instead of going for that and making a quick decision, I want to see if there are any other methods to do so.

Thanks for your help,
Xoomandroid.

Amazon link for ZAGG
Amazon.com: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Motorola Xoom (Screen) (MOTXOOMS): Electronics

Upvote 0
Remember though screen protectors are solely there to protect your device from scratches like when you put your phone in your pocket with your keys or accidentally put a pencil in your pocket with your phone...in no way are screen protectors going to deter your screen from being cracked if dropped.

The best way to elude this from happening is to buy a case.

Hope the protectors work for ya! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones