1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Cheap POS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 414toyz, Aug 10, 2012.

1. 414toyz

414toyz Newbie

My phone slide off of my center councel in my car and cracked. What a POS,
    BTW I still cant send/recieve text messages. As you can tell Im PISSSEDDD.
    Who wants to buy this POS??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Nocturnal86

Nocturnal86 Well-Known Member

Did you have a case? Where did it land? and how did it land?

3. Demache

Demache Android Expert

I find it had to believe that it cracked just from falling off your center console. At most, they are probably a foot off the floor and the floor is usually carpeted which absorbs most of the blow.

Unless you were whipping the car around like nothing else at 40 MPH and it hit something hard in the vehicle, in which case its sort of your fault leaving it unsecured without a case.

4. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast

My Galaxy Nexus has fell off my LA before and caused no problems... I would guess it hit something hard. Not the phones fault.

5. junkbin

junkbin Newbie

Wow. All my previous phones must of really sucked if my Galaxy Nexus is a POS. I guess ignorance is bliss. (Jb hugs his Nexus)

6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

You didn't purchase a case to protect your investment nor did you place it in a secure location, and when you break it you call it a PoS?

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Wife dropped my Galaxy Tab 10.1 from sitting on the bed to the wood floor. Completely shattered the screen. (and, no insurance :()
    We've dropped our phones all the time and never cracked the screen. It all depends on how it falls. Wouldn't call the Nexus a particularly fragile device (I don't use a case) but the security of having insurance is nice.

8. Logank

Logank Well-Known Member

This phone is NOT a pos. You must not be telling the entire story here. I've dropped mine a few times, off the table, off my lap onto my gravel driveway when getting out of the car, and just a couple days ago on the rocky shore of a lake in the mountains and still have yet to do any damage. At most my cheap Verizon screen protector has a few very small scratches only noticeable with the screen off and light hitting at the right angle. I've spent like maybe $12ish on my screen protectors, total, and $20 for 3, yes 3, cruzerlite cases.

Unless you were driving a lotus Elise in a demolition derby I'm calling bs on this.

9. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

DON'T FEED THE....

um nvm...

fwiw, the first thing i do, with any phone, is get a decent case.....hard to believe a simple drop like that would break it.

10. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

unfortunately you will need to call in insurance to get the device replaced, and you will need to pay the $99 to get that to happen. These things happen, case or not. I personally quit using a case, but i do have insurance. I hope you do too.

11. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Mine lasted through a waist high drop onto asphalt on its face with only the mm thickness of the lip around it keeping it from shattering.

12. Steven58

Hope your problem is solved. I want to encourage folks to stay positive. I am therefore locking this thread.

colchiro likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews