• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap Sprint Phone with Clean ESN

ashykat

Android Expert
Apr 27, 2009
Irvine, CA
Hey everyone. I switched to Sprint for the Evo, and am very happy with it. But, before I had Sprint I used GSM carriers. I'm looking for a cheap Sprint phone that I can have as a backup in case something (god forbid) happens to my Evo, or if I'm going somewhere that I wouldn't be comfortable taking a 4.3 inch screen. It doesn't need to be fancy, but of course I'd prefer it not to be a complete piece of crap. Only real requirements I have are that it works, holds a charge, comes with a charger, and has a clean ESN. Looking to spend less than $40. PM me. :) Thanks.

PS. I'm in Irvine (Orange County, CA) so local would be great if possible.

Careful if you switch to the cheap phone. I switched from my Devour to my backup phone for three days then switched back. Next phone bill it was around $1,500 because the switch somehow turned off my unlimited data plan when I went back to using my Devour.

Did they take care of that for you? I would argue with them that a data service is "required" with these phones therefore it's their fault for turning off the unlimited data. Thank you for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones