1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cheap voip app to call Australia?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by travelicious, Jul 2, 2013.

1. travelicious

travelicious Lurker

I need a cheap voip app to call Australia. Something else besidies skype/viber/google voice please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Pinger brings free texting and calling to Android

The article's older and states free calls only work between the US & Canada, so it may have been extended to other countries now.

AFAIK, most of the apps will require the other end to have the app installed on their device too.

travelicious likes this.
  3. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Just curious, why do those not work for you? Or what do you need that those don't provide?

4. travelicious

travelicious Lurker

Skype has been working terribly for me. I keep getting disconnected randomly on calls longer than 3 min. I dunno why. And it seems a bit expensive compared to some calling cards.

Viber- I need to call landlines and phones that dont have viber.

Google voice - lack of privacy and the notifcations never work.

5. thenanobyte

thenanobyte Newbie

I made a post with a link and it got deleted to ill write this again.

I use global call which is a voip app you can charge as you use instead of monthly billing. The rates are pretty cheap and the interface is not bad. You'll have to go on google play and search 'global call' yourself as I cannot post links on here without 25 thank yous.

travelicious likes this.
  6. travelicious

travelicious Lurker

Not bad at all. Connection seems excellent on wifi however I only talked for around 10-15 min using the initial free credit. I'll have to test it on 3/4G connections though. Thanks!

7. thenanobyte

thenanobyte Newbie

Yeah its a legit app for sure. If you are going to charge credits on it, they have a free credit promotion where you get more depending on how much you charge. Better than nothing. I can't seem to post the link on here so I''ll Pm you the message. Others can go to the global call facebook page. I think its on there, not sure.