• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Cheapest Droid X Car Mount

masked

Aug 4, 2010
I really want to get the droid x car mount but am not about to pay $50 for it. Has anyone found some sweet deals on this?

Motorola%20Droid%20X%20Accessories%20Multimedia%20Station%20Car%20Mount2.jpg

The car dock doesn't include a charger, though you can usually buy it in a combo with the car charger if you don't already have one. The car charger just plugs into the back of the dock.

I just bought a Soundgate M2 mount, and I love it. However, it does require you to mount a small disc to the back of the phone that locks into the mount, which some people would object to (or you can mount it to a case). However the look is super clean in the car, it looks like the phone is just floating there by the dashboard, and it's very stable. I think the moto dock is kind of klunky looking.

You can get the M2 mount for $10 at wiredforless.

Enter code WOOT at checkout to drop the price to $4.99, plus $5 shipping. I got mine in two days!

Reactions: JQwerty91
Upvote 0
Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently got the Droid x for work and wanted a car mount. I got a cheap suction cup/vent mount from Fry's electronics for $15. I then got some fridge magnets from the dollar store. Hollowed out a spot in the foam backing of the mount and placed the magnet. It now goes right into dock mode as soon as it is in the mount. I also realized if I reversed the magnet it switched to the desk dock mode. Same magnet position different polarity

Upvote 0
Meh. I'm a cheap bastard. Once I get my X I'll just do what I've always done with my old LG Voyager.

I pull down my truck's visor and stick it in between the visor itself and the little strap that you're supposed to use for garage door openers. It's very easily adjustable, it has a driver's POV when recording, and it keeps the sun out of my eyes the entire time. :cool:

As Mr.RedGreen used to say. - "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." :D

Upvote 0
Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Reactions: masked
Upvote 0
Is that $50 with the charger? Because I bought mine (w/o charger) from my local Verizon store for $30 and I use this as a charger. ---> For only $1.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories No issues at all on road trips with Nav and music going.
damn nice! i heard of ppl getting it for $30 but when i went on verizons website you could either get just the mount for $40 or charger and mount for $50. im gonna have to go to the verizon store and report back

Upvote 0
Is that $50 with the charger? Because I bought mine (w/o charger) from my local Verizon store for $30 and I use this as a charger. ---> For only $1.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories No issues at all on road trips with Nav and music going.

just came back from the verizon store to find out theyre selling them for $40 :(

I bought this one 2 days ago and took trip yesterday. Used the vent mount and like the way it sets. Found it for 24.99.

iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories Mounts stuckUP - 4-in-1 Universal Mounting Kit for iPhone & Mobile Devices
wouldnt the heating out of the vent make your phone really hot?

cool find!

Upvote 0
Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently got the Droid x for work and wanted a car mount. I got a cheap suction cup/vent mount from Fry's electronics for $15. I then got some fridge magnets from the dollar store. Hollowed out a spot in the foam backing of the mount and placed the magnet. It now goes right into dock mode as soon as it is in the mount. I also realized if I reversed the magnet it switched to the desk dock mode. Same magnet position different polarity

I have the Arkon mount - no phone yet, but the mount looks really high quality.

Where does the magnet go and what size did you cut it down to? I'd love it to go into car mode, but this scares me. I'm not handy :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Where does the magnet go and what size did you cut it down to? I'd love it to go into car mode, but this scares me. I'm not handy :(

Turn the phone over and the magnet goes right at the end of the battery door in the middle. Placement need not be exact, or even right against the phone. I was going to drill out a hole in my M2 mount, but ended up just applying a dab of hot glue to the magnet and sticking it on the back since you can't see it anyway. Just used a magnet out of a refrigerator clip.

Reactions: lucybear06
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones