1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Check email, messaging notifications, LED notifications not working!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by george1614, Nov 17, 2010.

1. george1614

george1614 New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Redwood City, CA
    I have had my Epic 4g for two days now and I am having the some notification and email problems.

I don't get notifications when new email is available. I only get my email to show up on my inbox on my phone ONLY when i open email. I currently have it set to to check email every 5 minutes but this is obviously not happening. and i dont get a blinking LED when i get a SMS, Text message.

does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Advertisement

2. Texas Dawn

Texas Dawn New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I'm having the same issue, would appreciate some help

3. droid26

droid26 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    same here.

4. vhousad

vhousad New Member

Nov 12, 2010
  5. Gambler

Gambler Member

Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    Me too, it's the reason I joined this forum and I'm searching threads for a solution. Love my Epic otherwise, but if I can't get this email straightened out before the 30 days is up I'll have to return it and get another BlackBerry :(

6. Gambler

Gambler Member

Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    Half way there. Gmail was arriving in a timely manner but the device hadn't been notifying me. I installed Email Notifier 1.3 which works with Gmail and K-9. Now my Epic goes off within seconds of my BlackBerry.

Now i need to move one of my other email accounts to K-9 and try it out. I'm using the stock email app with very mixed results, mostly poor. Will report back!

7. cmlegs

cmlegs Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I don't use the stock messaging app, as I wasn't getting notifications either. I downloaded an app called Gmail Message Count, and I place that widget on my home screen and access email from that. That way I always know how many new emails I have. I don't like that the Epic LED only blinks red, so there is a great free app called "No LED" in the Market. This is awesome because you can set it by colors-so for me it flashes an icon on the screen (pink for texts, green for emails, red for missed calls, etc.) I am a former Blackberry user and missed that feature, but this app does the trick!

8. carson1

carson1 Active Member

May 29, 2011
    Has anyone found a fix for this. I have an Inspire and my notifications were working fine but seem to have stopped today

9. karped

karped New Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I have just bought a galaxy s3 mini. To begin with i got email notifocations (although not for my gmail account) but now i am not getting them. Any ideas?