• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Check for update not available

tnedator

Feb 28, 2011
When I'm connected to wifi and try and check for update it just continuously says "checking for available update". When I'm connected to 3G it pretty quickly comes back with "check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I'm rooted and had frozen some apps, but I have unfrozen all apps and it hasn't made a difference. Any suggestions on why it can't check for updates? I'm trying to install 1.83?

When I'm connected to wifi and try and check for update it just continuously says "checking for available update". When I'm connected to 3G it pretty quickly comes back with "check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I'm rooted and had frozen some apps, but I have unfrozen all apps and it hasn't made a difference. Any suggestions on why it can't check for updates? I'm trying to install 1.83?

what did you root with? if it was with gingerbreak, perhaps it may need an update? I know that people were having problems updating their phones from 4.1.56 to 4.1.83 when it was rooted, but that was fixed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones