• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Check my math

Diz

Jul 17, 2010
Louisville, KY
Took a few weeks away from Android and I come back to what feels like chaos. I've spent some time reading up on 2.3.320 leak and figured out where I stand. It would be nice if you guys could take the time to make sure the steps I am about to type out are the correct way to go about doing things.

*I never officially updated to the VZW/Moto 2.2 release*
*I am still on bootloader version 30.01*

Because I can't find the leak anywhere anymore here's my plan.

Restore to 2.1
Official OTA (which updates bootloader from .01 to .03 IIRC)
Root with z4.
Install tranq3.0
Install tranq3.5

Plausible? Hints? Tips? Better ideas? I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Took a few weeks away from Android and I come back to what feels like chaos. I've spent some time reading up on 2.3.320 leak and figured out where I stand. It would be nice if you guys could take the time to make sure the steps I am about to type out are the correct way to go about doing things.

*I never officially updated to the VZW/Moto 2.2 release*
*I am still on bootloader version 30.01*

Because I can't find the leak anywhere anymore here's my plan.

Restore to 2.1
Official OTA (which updates bootloader from .01 to .03 IIRC)
Root with z4.
Install leaked 2.3.32release from MDW.com (available in the TBH app)
SBF 2.3.32 Using full SBF (available in the TBH app)
Install tranq3.5.1

Plausible? Hints? Tips? Better ideas? I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

I edited your steps.

You will also want to keep the apk for Z4 on your sd card, as you will lose root, and I don't believe you will see it in the market after updating to 2.3.32.

/Tranq 3.5+ requires running the 2.3.32 OS/boot

EDIT: You don't have to do the upgrade, of course, but you wouldn't be able to install some of the newer ROMs without it.

Reactions: Diz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones