• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check out these leaked photos of the new Motorola Android Smartphone

The samsung

Samsung-i8000-Omnia-II-vs-Samsung-S8000-Jet.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm honestly nervous about a smartphone without cursor control. HTC with their high quality trackball, RIM having given up on cheapo trackballs and discovered trackpads, the Motorola Droid with its D-pad -- they're all on to something. I'm just a bit disappointed to see Motorola with the keyboardless Droid not including some kind of pointing control.

Upvote 0
Well, this is why the DROID has a keyboard. Because they're not targeting the young kids with iPhones. They're targeting users who work in offices, might need their phone to view documents and do things like view/edit spreadsheets. Without some form of cursor control, there's no way your finger can really select cells or the likes. That being said, I believe Apple is developing a stylus that works with capacitive screens just for this purpose.

Upvote 0
I might be able to live without a real keyboard since this one's not good, but no pointer or stylus when I'm on a spreadsheet? I don't know that you could even do that.

I agree this keyboard is not good.

as far as the d pad goes maybe they will build a soft D-Pad in like some of the HTC's have. whe you pull up the soft keyboard there are arrows for up, down, left, right. I kind of wish my droid had the soft D-Pad instead of eating up realestate for the physical d-pad. this way they would have had more room to put a better keyboard on tis thing and make it an almost perfect phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones