• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check this battery out-Might be the answer

Food for thought. For those with extended batteries that won't charge properly in the phone, does it matter if you turn off the phone first and try to charge it then?
I figured that would at least isolate it from either an android settings issue or a samsung firmware issue, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Upvote 0
Ok my results have ended positive! Yes Tiede I do think that was part of the trick.

My phone for the first time last the night! At about 9:00pm my phone indicated it was completely charged. I enabled wifi and played around for a bit off and on all night to drain the battery. I could not make it show any degradation on the meter so I gave up and retired for the night. After 8 more hours of sleep the battery now indicates %50 usage. So my above method does work. Again, as Tiede says you must charge is off so that the phone can relearn the new battery. It does work , and it works well. I would recommend doing this 3 times ( fully charge and depleting ). IMO its best never to drain these batteries once this is done unless you notice its life getting shorter. At that point just do it again, if it helps good, if not buy a new battery or live with it. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Upvote 0
Some conclusions.

these phones use the same battery type
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Samsung Intercept m910
Transform m920
Acclaim r880
Craft r900
Galaxy Indulge r910
[/FONT]Samsung Continuum: I 400
Samsung Omni 7
Samsung
induldge

Here are the results with the induldge
The OEM bettery
Stand by without 4g 12 hours

A 2600mAh solution
Model: EB124465YZ
ebay
Stand by without 4g is unknown.

A 3600mAh solution
model:HLI-i8700XL
ebay
Stand by without 4g 20 hours ( current test )
Note: this auction comes with a cover that ( with skill ) can fit the existing case. See above

The way to charge the phone is to do so with the phone off. Once it reports complete, unplug the cable and plug it back in. You will then see its not complete and will charge further. After that, turn it on and drain it! Repeat this 3 times and your phone will now be like the energizer bunny.

Upvote 0
Reactions: tiede
Upvote 0
k ickster, about the 2600 mah battery, what was the difference like? Can you give me a bit more detailed? Like does it charge in the phone, does it last noticeably longer with 4G on, etc...

Getting desperate (but not quite 3200 mah after market desperate, sorry Ulao), and just want to know if this is a viable option.

Upvote 0
There is an extended battery on ebay now for the Indulge. The picture sucks and it looks like it was photoshopped since the charger is much smaller than the battery. I contacted the seller to see if he would sell the case and charger on its own with out the crap charger.
Look here -

http://cgi.ebay.com/170660636241

Extended__Battery_R910.JPG

Upvote 0
There is an extended battery on ebay now for the Indulge. The picture sucks and it looks like it was photoshopped since the charger is much smaller than the battery. I contacted the seller to see if he would sell the case and charger on its own with out the crap charger.
Look here -

http://cgi.ebay.com/170660636241

Extended__Battery_R910.JPG

with that horrible lighting, it really seems like he just stacked 2 cases on top of each other.

Upvote 0
I purchased this same exact battery with charger and back cover on ebay. It cost me $15.88, the Battery is a 3500 mah and it fits well with the cover. It DID come from Hong Kong, and it took FOREVER to ship it, but the shipping was free and I am currently able to get almost 2 full days of use from it now! Before I would get a dead battery by dinner time if I was gentle on my browsing the net! For the money, YOU CANNOT GET A BETTER BATTERY DEAL!!! PERIOD!! I even tried to contact the company in hopes of getting one for my wifes LG Optimus M, but they do not currently offer one. The said one was in the works though. So, like I was saying. For $16 you get a helluva battery that is 100% compatible!

Reactions: Eddy120876
Upvote 0
I purchased this same exact battery with charger and back cover on ebay. It cost me $15.88, the Battery is a 3500 mah and it fits well with the cover. It DID come from Hong Kong, and it took FOREVER to ship it, but the shipping was free and I am currently able to get almost 2 full days of use from it now! Before I would get a dead battery by dinner time if I was gentle on my browsing the net! For the money, YOU CANNOT GET A BETTER BATTERY DEAL!!! PERIOD!! I even tried to contact the company in hopes of getting one for my wifes LG Optimus M, but they do not currently offer one. The said one was in the works though. So, like I was saying. For $16 you get a helluva battery that is 100% compatible!

did you say 2 full days of us . Im sorry all I read was " Hallelujah Hallelujah" instead . Thanks man

Upvote 0
Ok, I had some spare time so I thought I would take some photos of what the ebay extended battery and new back actually looks like on the phone.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• phone1.jpg
    phone1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 107
  • phone2.jpg
    phone2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 92
  • phone3.jpg
    phone3.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 120
  • phone4.jpg
    phone4.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 106
  • phone5.jpg
    phone5.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 96
  • phone6.jpg
    phone6.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: FusionNeo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones