1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Check this out... date/time discrepancy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Idunno, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Ice cream depleater, rhyme repeater
    SoCal
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/ohwow.jpg/

I was backing up my nandroid onto my computer and noticed a discrepancy in the date/time, as pictured above. Just curious... what gives for the time difference? The only thing I can think of is that the phone itself recognizes linux time as the time when the nandroid was created... because it even says the future date and time in windows as the "date modified". Either that or I have somehow unknowingly manipulated spacetime, so if that's the case EAT IT EINSTEIN.

Just a little tidbit I thought I would share with you all. Does anyone have a better explanation?

Advertisement

2. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Retail Clerk
    United States
    Epic sir EPIC!

3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Nandroids use Zulu time when they are created. If you are in the US and make your backups late at night like I do, the encoded time and date in the file name will always be 'tomorrow'. I make mine around 11:30 EST so the file name will have tomorrow's date and end with 0330, as they are at GMT and on daylight savings time we are GMT-4. Confused me too until someone told me how it works. :)

4. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Ice cream depleater, rhyme repeater
    SoCal
    Excellent I thought this thread was just going to disappear beneath the waves. Thanks for the info man, as always.

5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    My pleasure. You might also like to know that I was told some time ago we can rename nandroid backups to whatever name we wanted to use. When I originally tried it under Velocity 1.1 it worked fine. But when I tried using a renamed nandroid under 1.2 it didn't work. I posted asking if that renaming option had been changed, but I never got a reply.

Tags: