• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check This Out! Insane technology ability on SE X10!!!

I've been following this phone and can't wait to get it. But, this feature is OUT OF THIS WORLD! They have a function called Layers and in this example the phone uses real time data and the phone's camera to show REAL TIME data on your screen through the camera using GPS!

YouTube - Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Futuristic App Close Up.mp4

This is nuts...I cannot believe how advanced we've gotten. Think about how many things you could use this feature for:

You can turn your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and look through the camera for:
1. All local Starbucks locations
2. Any store that can be found online with an address
3. See where I'm going with this...

Wow.

This is nuts...I cannot believe how advanced we've gotten. Think about how many things you could use this feature for:

You can turn your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and look through the camera for:
1. All local Starbucks locations
2. Any store that can be found online with an address
3. See where I'm going with this...

Wow.

Layers is free in the market you can use it on any android phone :)

Upvote 0
I've never seen an app that uses this type of technology. Layers is something new to me, and so far this was the first app/feature that would make it work in a useful manner. You could use this to find:

Schools
Banks
Coffee Shops
Stores
Real Estate - to a degree
Etc.

In interested in knowing why there aren't any popular apps that utilize this already if it's readily available. Plus, the X10 uses the Camera View to display the information which I find very interesting. So SE can display Layers over their Camera View.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones