1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Checkin here if your happy with your Gnex and plan on keeping it.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Connectz, Dec 31, 2011.

1. mears

mears Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Returning. 4G is completely broken and too many dropped calls.

Advertisement

2. quiklives

quiklives Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    I'm really amused by how a thread about being happy with your phone has so many people saying "I don't like it!" As if there aren't already enough threads about the myriad reasons why someone might choose not to like their phone, they must state everywhere that they do not like it. Or perhaps they think this is a poll and are concerned that the "this phone sucks" crowd is under-represented?

dchec, mastervm, jbdan and 2 others like this.
  3. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Phone is nearly perfect, IMO and I could see myself keeping and using this phone for the full 2 years of my contract. Which is something I've never done (this is my 4th Android phone in 17 months)

jbdan likes this.
  4. Dukins

Dukins Member
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    indiaNAPolis
    No way I'm returning mine. Seems odd but after the 4g outage my phone has been operating a lot better since. My 4g and 3G switches instant, etc. my connectivity issues were fixed with the outage.

5. davey11

davey11 Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Super happy mainly because of the huge number of big time developers who have got this phone and the sheer volume of high quality roms, kernels, and mods this phone has after only a couple weeks. Imagine a couple months from now.

jbdan and SBCT like this.
  6. truelove79

truelove79 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 12, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    Peoria, IL
    It's not perfect (with constant updates from Google it soon will be), but I love my gnex!! Same goes for my wife, she loves hers too.

jbdan likes this.
  7. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Tech Admin
    After many initial bumps in the road my Nexus is rockin the sh*t. Improve the camera and I'm golden.

Received my DIZ tpu case and screen protector. Looks good and I don't feel like I need to baby the phone any longer.

8. durangojim

durangojim Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    I love it and this is the first android device and software combo that I consider to be a great total package.

Shamrock13 likes this.
  9. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Working
    Keeping mine. Absolutely a great phone IMO. Gave the wife my RAZR which she is loving BTW. Don't think there is anything wrong with either phone, just personal preferences that each needs to make on their own.

jroc likes this.
  10. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Clemson, SC
    +1, love my GNex. there is not a better phone on the market right now, and i doubt that there will be until well after CES. others may offer a specific advantage in one area, but as an all-around device, the GNex is boss. :cool:

Connectz likes this.
  11. gapi

gapi Android Expert
    None

Was Shaky At First.

1. Unreliable notification light. Went away, all better now.
    2. Battery life was iffy. Got better, much better with time.
    3. Scary signal strength. Turned out to be Network Probs.
    4. External volume levels were too low. Equalizer app took care of that.

In call quality is better than my OG Droid was too. Lovin it.

12. reimerj

reimerj Newbie
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    I do love the Nexus! It is almost the perfect phone. The screen is awesome! It runs Very well without lag of any kind! Easy to root and unroot! Incredible support from very talented developers! That being said I need a phone to be a phone first then the fun things as I have to depend on my phone for work. I having issues with my mic stopping. It has only happened one time on a important call but it is critical for it not to happen at all. For this reason and possibly the audio quality I may be trading for the Rezound. :mad:

reimerj

13. cmorie

cmorie Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    OH-IO
    Keeping my gnex too. Only issue is random rebooting. It happens maybe once a day so it's not a huge issue.

Happy Buyer here.

14. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    K-9 supports searching, so if that's your only complaint it may be sufficient for you. Go to the menu on the account list screen.

15. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    Very happy here. My only complaints are the size (wouldn't be so bad it weren't so slippery), and the camera (sad that my almost two year old dinc's is better) .

Other than that it is great!

16. gapi

gapi Android Expert
    None

Yeh, I hate rubberized anything that will turn your pocket inside out but the OG Droid has a happy medium back surface I would like on the GN.

17. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Central TX
    Camera is pretty much my only complain. It's not bad, but not great either. Be sure to get AF lock before taking shot as zero shutter lag doesn't mean zero AF time.

I think it can use better image processing for low light shots so this will probably see improvement with updates. 5MP is not the reason for this, but sadly still some reviewers blame it for not great camera.

18. AirPirate

AirPirate Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Pilot
    Atlanta
    After waiting so long for the Verizon Fascinate updates, (just got Gingerbread!), I swore that if Verizon ever carried a Nexus, I would jump on it, and I did.

It has shown some weirdness (calls straight to voicemail, some force closes, etc), but it feels great to finally enjoy the pure Google experience and to know that updates will come to us first. Like others have said, I plan on enjoying my GNex for the full two years and maybe even more.

19. SBCT

SBCT Member
    None

May 4, 2010
    Its a keeper!! Of course its not perfect but nothing is. What would we all do with our lives if we couldn't come here all the time in search of tweaks and improvements for our devices? This phone is light years ahead of my old Eris. Now that i'm back rooted and got my wireless tether running, I am one happy camper!! Not to mention ICS is everything I ever dreamed android would evolve in to.

20. DizzyMP

DizzyMP Member
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    Male
    US Army Recruiter
    Colton, WA
    Loving it, and keeping it. I haven't had a single issue that others seem to be having.

21. MsGadget13

MsGadget13 Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    So far it's awesome. Haven't been to work to test the signal at my desk yet, but so far I really like it.

I've been on it constantly, so battery life seems better than my Charge or Fascinate was. I have 3 standard battery kits. I don't like extended ones.

MsGadget13

22. nixter1911

nixter1911 Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2010
    Minnesota
    I absolutely LOVE my phone. I came from the Moto Droid 2 and I love everything about the GNex!!!
    The problem is that people focus more on the bad even when it doesn't outweigh the good. There are going to be problems with ANY phone that someone gets, it's just a matter of the customer wanting to deal with it.
    Sure, the GN battery life is crappy. So turn off bluetooth and screen brightness and all the other things that will help. Also I bought the extended battery and it's much better! Oh and those new fancy car chargers? They work great when you're driving and don't want your phone to die! :D

I think people just enjoy finding flaws in everything. So that's my happy rant about my GNex. ^_^

23. boxercrazy

boxercrazy Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    No complaints....loving it...:D

24. Lunacy

Lunacy Member
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Day 1 device. Loving it.

25. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    I'm keeping it. Unlocked, rooted and now ROM'd with AXI0M 2.3. Absolutely no issues outside of the speakerphone being too quiet. I have missed some calls/texts/emails even with sound full blast.

@Gapi, having used the Equalizer App, do you fear it will blow your speaker? I would like to find a solution for the quietness of the speakerphone without damaging my phone. I can't help but wonder why they (Samsung) would have decided on such a quiet speakerphone.

Tags: