1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Checking data usage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Destinbury, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Destinbury

Destinbury Newbie

Is there somewhere other than the metropcs site that I can check how much data I have used this month? i've searched everywhere and can't find anything

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

3. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

the thing is metro dosnt count everything towards ur data limit so these apps from the google play market will count everything as data that counts towards ur limitations when in reality only some stuff is counted towards your montly data allowance.

4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

True. It is something to keep general track of all your data though.

5. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

I like "My Data Manager."

6. DMajor239

DMajor239 Android Expert

I use Onavo Count

7. Destinbury

Destinbury Newbie

those were quick replies lol. I have a data counter to measure how much data I've been using, but I installed it after i got a little phone crazy with my data on the first day lol. so i dunno how much data I had left when i installed the data counter

8. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

My Data Manager will automatically calculate data already used to the next time you pay your phone bill. No matter when you activate the app.

9. Destinbury

Destinbury Newbie

this i did not know. thanks to everyone who replied!

10. 05TRAILBLAZER

05TRAILBLAZER Member

just go to ur settings and it will tell you you can always reset it

11. dbvirago

dbvirago Member

Another vote for My Data Manager.
    Great App. Even though I have unlimited data, after seeing 25% swings in data use I wanted to see what is using it. Today, Facebook had 23% of my data use even though I never used it. Stopped all refreshing and location.

Anyone with a limited plan, you can set thresholds with alarms or even stop data so you don't get dinged. The current trend where every app needs to know where you are and what you are doing and send you a notification if the wind shifts direction needs to be managed

12. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

It's a shame you can't trust metro's tracking system, I'm on Unlimited data but yet their site says I've used 24% of my monthly usage lol

13. blitz468

blitz468 Well-Known Member

MetroPCS's tracking is accurate. It's just not very detailed. You have unlimited internet access to browse the web, but you have a limited amount of streaming depending on your plan for music, video, etc. I don't stream anything on 4G, so my data always says 0%

14. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

no, I have unlimited streaming.

15. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Me too. lol

16. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

I think its a conspiracy with the rogaine people to make us pull all our hair out.

17. blitz468

blitz468 Well-Known Member

You might want to check your plan on their website. I have the $50 plan, and I haven't made any changes since I started in December and mine says Unlimited metroweb and 1 GB multimedia (music, video, etc.) As I understand it, you would have to be on the $70 plan to have unlimited streaming. Also as a test I streamed on YouTube on 4g and now it says 1%

18. cjinca

cjinca Newbie

how do I check data usage on metropcs website. I've looked AND looked to no avail.

19. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

Log in then select ur name to enter ur account info then on the left u should see a tab named data usage.

cjinca likes this.
  20. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Android Enthusiast

Try dialing 611 on phone then under payment & billing , data usage is at bottom

21. cjinca

cjinca Newbie

Much thanks. Previously, when I was signed in and hovered over "account" it only gave me options of "wish list" and "sign out" but I never tried just clicking on "account".
    Once I did, I found page you referred to but had to "upgrade" to view data, etc. All good but now I'm still curious about actual data usage. It says 3% used but not a number. Getting closer... :)

22. cjinca

cjinca Newbie

Much thanks. Previously, when I was signed in and hovered over "account" it only gave me options of "wish list" and "sign out" but I never tried just clicking on "account".
    Once I did, I found page you referred to but had to "upgrade" to view data, etc. All good but now I'm still curious about actual data usage. It says 3% used but not a number. Getting closer... :)

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews