• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Checking email fails

Had my Moment over a year now and running the latest software. I remember some posts on the forum about problems with checking email. Endless loop, etc. Mine seems to have gotten worse for some reason. What was the solution...if any?

What is happening is I check a Yahoo and Comcast POP account. Sometimes it gets them right away and sometimes it gets in to the endless loop of just checking. If I reboot the phone it will work again. Nothing else seems to work.

Do you have any data connection at the time? Many Moments suffer from "data lockup" which is most likely to occur after quiting a wifi session. Sometimes data will restore itself eventually, but usually it requires a reboot. I used to reboot after quiting wifi as a habit. The last update for the phone was supposed to address the issue, but didn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones