• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Checking for updates

The touch HD isnt that new,everyone has seen it, the touch HD is seen everyday, the documents i saw, were official, and i know what i saw, the phone is the touch HD, i cant say this anymore,just wait and see, i had the touch HD in my hand, and was comparing it to the HD2, thats why i now know that the size is great for me.

What? How can you say and believe that the phone IS the Touch HD, when you've told us that it is different than the Touch HD i.e. optical track pad. If it's different than the Touch HD and has different hardware features, it's NOT the Touch HD. It may very well be something similar to the Touch HD, but saying that it IS the Touch HD is misleading. If this thing IS the Touch HD, we can all go look at pictures of the Touch HD and know EXACTLY what we're getting in January. However, since you've said that it has different hardware features than the Touch HD, there's no way it IS the Touch HD. Make sense? Am I taking crazy pills here??? haha

Upvote 0
Simple as this the passion/bravo will be the same as touch HD, to look at, the only difference is the opic mouse, so forget everything else uv looked at, it will be the same look as the touch HD. its not that complicated,just imagine it was the HD2, but with a optic mouse, see, thats an example for you.

There. Was that so hard? It will be the same LOOK as the Touch HD. That's all you needed to clarify. It's not going to BE the Touch HD, it just has the same look as the Touch HD.

So...in summary: This is no real NEW news. I can look at the pictures of the Bravo from the leaked European HTC brochure and tell you that the phone in the pictures, which is the Bravo, looks a LOT like the Touch HD but it has an optical track pad. So, I've finally gotten some solid info out of you, you really don't know anymore than any of the rest of us. Sure, you may have seen some official documentation, which is all great and good, but the fact that it will have the same LOOK as the Touch HD is a no-brainer. Because we've had the leaked HTC brochure for weeks and the Bravo obviously looks a lot similar to the Touch HD except for the optical track pad. Glad I FINALLY got to the bottom of this and got some solid info out of you.

This phone will have the same look as the Touch HD, as everyone can see in the leaked European HTC brochure. Yeah...we get it. No new news. Case closed.

Upvote 0
It appears you are looking for some kind of solid info when there isn't any. News was nice enough to come post what he claims to have seem. You should be thanking him instead of giving his shit.

Sad to see some forum members shit all all over the people who come here to post info we are all waiting to get. Same thing happened to 2 other guys in the Nexus forum.

I appreciate any info we get even if it isn't as clearly spelled out as we would like.

Upvote 0
you really annoy me, with your attitude, i should of just said nothing, so to make it straight to the point you did not know the following

1 media sync
2 inner circle
3 Touch HD is the what the phone is based on

case closed.

Yes, you should have just said nothing. I couldn't agree more. You have no real information to lend. Media Sync? Inner Circle? Who cares? You're the one who made multiple posts saying that it IS the Touch HD. Go back and look at your posts. And to the other guy, anyone who knows me in this forum knows that I'm always very courteous to other members, but we're all here looking for real information and when someone comes on here typing very strangely and writing sentences with commas all throughout them and no real structure, it's hard to understand what they're REALLY trying to say.

I'm not giving anyone crap on here. So here, I'm going to give you some information. I know for a fact that this phone is coming and will be out in a week. It will have a 4.3 inch screen and will have a robot arm that drives your car for you. There. Now thank ME for my information I just volunteered you. Yeah, didn't think so... No proof and vague specifications deserve to be skepticized. End of story. And for your information, I wasn't being mean or trying to be hateful with ANY of my posts, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this entire page of posts to see if we have any REAL NEW news. All we have that is new is someone claiming that the phone has some sort of media sync and inner circle. Everything else we already knew. End of story.

Upvote 0
newsradio...thanks for the info..it is appreciated and ignore the other guy. We'll take whatever info we can get. I dont post much..mainly just lurk but I thought his attitude was rude and uncalled for.

You thought me trying to get clarification for a few hours now was uncalled for? You try getting someone to not be vague and answer a few simple questions clearly for a few hours and see how patient you can be. I finally got the clear facts from him. I wasn't trying to be rude. So, I'm sorry if it came across that way. He finally stated that this phone that is coming will look similar to the Touch HD. That's all I wanted to know for the past few hours. If you read his previous posts, he was saying that the phone would BE the Touch HD. He wasn't trying to mislead us, I'm not saying that. But the way he was typing and wording things was unpurposefully misleading. I was simply trying to get clarification that this phone, in fact, IS NOT the Touch HD. Instead, it will have "the same look" as the Touch HD, which is entirely different than saying it IS the Touch HD. Get what I'm saying?

I'm not trying to rake anyone over the coals or talk down to anyone. I just wanted clarification on a couple of things and it was taking forever to get the clear answer to our questions. Maybe I got a tad frustrated and worded some things in the wrong way, but I really meant no harm. I'm just like you guys, I want the facts. I appreciate your information Newsradio. I was just trying to get clarification and find out, for everyone, if you had any news for us that we haven't already heard.

And by the way, you have been a member of this forum a few months longer than me and you don't even have a phone listed. So...how does me being a member since December of this year and having an LG Dare have anything to do with me wanting you to answer a few questions clearly? I don't see the connection. I, like many others who are members here, are looking to make the jump to Android. So, to be able to post in this forum and be taken seriously I have to currently own an Android device?

Regardless, I meant no harm by my posts, and for those who are saying that my posts are rude, try reading the entire discussion and see how long I was trying to get a clear answer. It got frustrating. haha I'm only human.

Upvote 0
OK... I see what's going on here. OF COURSE my posts look like I'm being rude and trying to start something with Newsradio. Why? BECAUSE HE WENT BACK AND DELETED ALL OF HIS PREVIOUS POSTS. And trust me, there were many and they were VERY vague. If all of you will look back at my previous posts in this thread, I have his previous posts quoted in each of them. I knew something was up and was wondering why everyone was piling on. If you walked up on two guys fighting in a bar and one of the guys had the other one pinned and was helplessly beating the crap out of him for no apparent reason, you would obviously think that he was a bully and was just picking on the guy who appears helpless and did nothing to deserve it. However, you also weren't there at the beginning of the fight when the guy, who seems as though he's being picked on, grabbed the other guy's girlfriend's ass. haha Geez... Of course it makes me look like I'm being rude and mean when Newsradio deleted all of his previous posts in this thread. I was just trying to simply get clarification, but you wouldn't be able to see that unless you see his original posts, which are quoted in my posts in this thread. Take a look back at my posts if you want to know the full story.

Upvote 0
Ok first of all, I've seen references to the Touch HD and then other references to the HD2. One is the old version and one is the new version, right? HD2 is the new version of the Touch HD, which has the 4.3" screen and runs Windows Mobile, yes?

Just wanna make sure, if you're saying a phone looks similar to one of them, make sure you're specifying which one.

Upvote 0
NASHDROID, it was only you not understanding the touch HD, i cant be anymore clearer, iv had a g1 when it first came out,and got a hero, when it first came out,and im still using the hero untill the bravo comes out,

I was getting annoyed with your comments, when you dont even own an android device,im sure if you did, and when you do, you will appreciate what i am saying.

if your friend pointed at the Touch HD, and said to you this will be the new passion/bravo but with a optic mouse, you would understand right away, there is no language barrier.

lets take a step into the future, imagine in a years time, you would of had your android device, and you love it, and there is news of a new device coming out, that in the android world is making people really really excited, and you cant wait to get one, and the details that are being leaked arnt the best, but for whatever reason you come accross knowledge about this phone, that has not been mentioned anywhere, no forums, and no websites, and you cant take it anymore, so you let the forum know your details, and instead of people being grateful, you have this person ruining the party, saying you know nothing,etc,etc, case closed. when all you wanted to do was share the information, see how you feel then, im not windning people up, so when its launched, you can appologise, and like i said before you will love inner circle, remember its the more advanced version.

No, it wasn't only me. However, I noticed you deleted all of your previous posts that were worded so strangely and were VERY vague. However, all of those posts you deleted are quoted in my posts. So...anyone can now go read what you posted. Why did you delete all of your previous posts back for the past page? Interesting... Regardless, they're still there in my posts and other people's posts where we quoted you. Going back and deleting your posts, like 20 of them, and trying to make me look like I'm picking on you and treating you rudely? That's pretty silly man.

Upvote 0
NASHRADIO, you are offically an idiot, im deleting my posts to save my job,

Haha... Wow. I'm officially an idiot? You're deleting your posts to save your job? This just keeps getting more and more far-fetched. How would you lose your job? Unless you're real legal name is News Radio, then I think you're just fine. Plus, you haven't given us any breaking news anyways. So...haha...I'm not sure what you'd get fired for. This is just getting silly now. Plus, even if you delete your posts, they're all still quoted in my posts and other people's posts who quoted you. You didn't exactly think this through, did you? I think HTC should build a new phone just for you and call it the Uncredible.

Upvote 0
NASHDROID, all my posts including this one will be deleted, like i said i dont want to lose my job, and no im nothing to do with htc or android,

You wernt picking on me, i never said that, other people did, i was annoyed at your ungratefulness to my information i was letting people know.

OK, go right ahead and delete your posts. Good idea. Gotta get rid of all of the evidence and look out for your job. Can't blame you one bit. ^ :D

Upvote 0
so over in the verizon forum the guy who said verizon had over a million htc android in there wharehouse just said he spoke with his htc rep and that was not the case. that this phone wouldnt be released till april thoughts? its under verizon, new androids coming to verizon

Yeah, that guy seems pretty reputable. Thoughts? See you in April. Four months is long enough to make the wait too damn long and short enough that even a one year commitment won't be worth it. As I said in another thread, should have got the Eris or Droid when it released because it would have been worth the old $150 ETF.

Upvote 0
Here is what Newsradio2261 JUST posted and then quickly deleted:

"like i said your an idiot, if i delete my posts, how will they be seen? IDIOT,
i know they are in other peoples posts but not mine,ONCE AGAIN IDIOT,
heres a quick test for you, do you fully understand what inner circle is? or let me guess,,YOUR AN IDIOT,

it wouldnt matter if i put a picture up with me and the phone working, with video, with the box and leads,etc,etc, you still would not believe it, so once again IDIOT, i really hope when this launches you appologise."

Is this guy serious? He is definitely off of his rocker and HTC should definitely go ahead and start production on a phone for him called the Uncredible. However, service for this phone will only be available in New Jersey. So...consider that before following it too much in these forums and considering purchasing it. haha

Upvote 0
I put more stock in what FatedDistress is telling us. At least he's not claiming to know things from "across the pond". Looks like April is the target release if you're waiting for something snapdragon from HTC on Big Red.

The funny thing is, Newsradio isn't even TRULY from "across the pond." He's from and lives in the United States. So...now that we know that part for certain, everything else he said is under question.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, im going to make a post here to clear a few things up, im not in usa in in england, im also going to appologise to NASHDROID, for calling him an idiot 5 times, and that i stated was not bullying me, and he may be a nice guy, i dont know him, and he dont know me, but i stand completly clear,everything i have said is true,everything, but i want to appologise about the idiot remarks. this message will be deleted in about 10 mins,and also that i took the mic out og LG dare, sorry, but you will see my point when you have an android phone,

Thanks again

The other individual claims to work for Verizon so I put a little more stock in what he's saying. No offense to you. You may have come across documentation that a phone exists, but it's another thing to know if a carrier may be picking it up. You may be 100% correct. He's saying April now. Who knows. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. It's not really useful information until it's confirmed by Verizon publicly. Just something to make the time go by until that happens.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, im going to make a post here to clear a few things up, im not in usa in in england, im also going to appologise to NASHDROID, for calling him an idiot 5 times, and that i stated was not bullying me, and he may be a nice guy, i dont know him, and he dont know me, but i stand completly clear,everything i have said is true,everything, but i want to appologise about the idiot remarks. this message will be deleted in about 10 mins,and also that i took the mic out og LG dare, sorry, but you will see my point when you have an android phone,

Thanks again

Thank you. Apology accepted. I will now keep my end of the bargain. Take care and have a nice evening.

Upvote 0
This is ridiculous. Seriously? You're complaining about posters being vague?? Isn't this a rumors/speculations forum? Majority of the stuff shared on here is vague. Stop badgering the dude. He's just trying to share some info. If he's wrong, then he's wrong. What's the big f**king deal!

You don't know the whole story brother. A LOT of posts have been deleted and there is no way to get the entire story. I can totally understand how it looks like we're badgering someone or giving someone a hard time, but all of the posts by the other person were deleted now and it's hard to tell the whole story.

Moving on... We're all still just waiting for some reliable and official news on this phone.

Upvote 0
Okay....wow! This thread has been a tough read. I can see things from two perspectives.

1. Newsradio believes he has information on a phone we are all dying to find more info on. He decides to share this information with us which is very admirable. However, and I could be wrong, but newsradio's primary language may not be english. This would explain the confusion in some of his posts. I can only imagine the frustration of trying to clearly communicate in another language. Due to this, frustration sets in with others reading his posts.

2. From Nashdroid's perspective, we could have a guy on here completely wasting peoples time, claiming to have new information, who then strings everyone along with a simple description of the phone.

Now, I have read every post, even though newsradio has deleted his. I read the quotes from Nashdroids posts. I have come to the conclusion that number 1 above is the most likely. Do I blame Nashdroid for his attitude towards newsradio? No. We are all itching for new information, some of us, including me, are checking for new news constantly. We are all getting a little edgey about it all. There are soooo many conflicting reports and rumors. Heck, we don't even know what the name of the phone is we all want. Passion/Dragon/Bravo/Incredible?????? I think we all just need to chill out a little and take a deep breath. Nothing is going to quench my thirst for this phone until I have it in my hand! But I will take whatever little drops I can for the time being. Newsradio, if you read this, please feel free to give us any more info you have. If not, thank you for what you have shared anyway.

By the way, I have read many of Nashdroids other posts and he has never came across rude or condescending in any way before. But everyone gets pushed to the limit sometimes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones