• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Checking interest for new app idea...Involves Alcohol!!

What do you think of the app idea

• App sounds corny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • App sounds good for free

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • App sounds good and I would may be willing to pay a $1 or $2

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imompero

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
I am developing an app that will alert you about specials or happy hour deals for bars in your area. The app will go off your gps location. I know when I travel I am always looking for a good place to get a cheap drink. Figured an app like this would be pretty useful for those of us that like to socialize while consuming alcoholic beverages.

The app doesn't have to be limited to happy hours, could be resturuant deals or nightclub specials. The point is to have a way for bars/restuarants/nightclubs to have a way to send out deals to people in the area. And for those deals to go to people who are actively looking for some cheap drinks or food.

Tell me what you think about the idea. Would you get it? Do you think you would use it to find good deals. Would you be interested in once you found a good deal to post it to twitter and/or facebook so your friends could meet up with you.

Thanks for your suggestions ahead of time.

Definitely. That's one of the good things about the app is that it makes letting everyone know easier. Hmm, if I were to use the app this is how it would be most effective for me. You have three or four buttons on the main screen; search for bars, nightclubs, restaurants, movie theaters (or however you want to arrange the buttons). You click one and you have the option to narrow your search by price, or limited to only certain companies. Otherwise it brings up a list of companies and prices (or companies and description of the deal) based on set preferences ahead of time (lowest price first, certain company first, certain type of deal first) etc. Then you click on one and you have the facebook or twitter icon. Once you are on the facebook/twitter/myspace screen, you can type in a message to put on your status and the app adds the link or the information for you. (Like, when you post a youtube link it brings up information about the video? sorta like that). I dunno, just thoughts ^.^

Upvote 0
How will the app grab that info without the bars submitting?
If the app can grab them based on network location too, that would help.

The bars/nightclubs/restaurants would definitely have to submit their post. To make management of their happy hour postings easier they will be able to give a time range of the deal, like on Tuesdays for the next 6 weeks. Also they will be able to submit multiple locations to one happy hour post. SO if you were a general manager of a large chain of restaurants and you wanted to post happy hour specials for all your restaurants in the north east it would be as easy as clicking a group and posting the happy hour deal to all the specific locations.

The app will grab happy hours for you based on your gps location or by a zip code you enter. Like if I am flying into miami tomorrow I can check for happy hours their based on the miami zip codes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones