• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Checking you out

sixtythree

Nov 13, 2010
Owned the droid galaxy for a bout a couple of months and use it as my internet on my laptop as well

Where do go to find the answer?

Looking to get ringtones in my download folder to be usefull. I
have "I wanna know what turns you on.dcf" They do not show up in the ringtone list and when I attempt to assign it as ring tone the phone do not see it in the folder but they are there when I open the download folder.

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up.

Please move the file from the download directory to the SDcard>Media>Ringtones folder. You should be golden. You probably already know how to move things because you use your internet on your phone, if you don't, let us know. :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up.

Please move the file from the download directory to the SDcard>Media>Ringtones folder. You should be golden. You probably already know how to move things because you use your internet on your phone, if you don't, let us know. :)

I am not as smart as I thought unable to find the specified folder. I think specified step by step instructions would be helpful.:eek:

Upvote 0
I am not as smart as I thought unable to find the specified folder. I think specified step by step instructions would be helpful.:eek:

Sometimes a directory for the ringtones doesn't exist and needs to be created. If you're not able to find it then this might be the case with your phone.

Use the following threads as guides:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/136633-samsung-galaxy-s-help.html
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/174983-making-music-files-ringtone.html
Samsung Galaxy S - How to add files to Notification ringtones ?

If you have any issues with this please let a member of the staff her know and we'll be happy to assist you further!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones