1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chemicalproof clothing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rgarner, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

My friend sometimes works with potentially hazardous chemicals which can cause stains. Guess who just got some expensive lined Carhartt pants for winter, in black. He didn't want that color but that was all they had in that size. Is there a way to protect the pants against those chemicals (not Scotchgard, already tried, didn't work) or not wearing the pants?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Most people (at least that I've known) who work with dangerous chemicals wear appropriate clothing, and other safety gear. What does your friend wear? I would hope AT LEAST a science-oriented apron or lab coat. If neither of those is long enough to protect his pants, I really think he should just change once he gets to work (or wherever it is he's using these chemicals). I wouldn't risk damaging something i really care about just for convenience, you know? Or even buy some sort of protective pants, bigger than usual, and slide them on OVER his good pants.

Xyro, puppykickr and Rgarner like this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Carhartts are the friggin' greatest.
    Yes, they are expensive.

But here is the thing- as much as some of us try to protect the expensive items in our lives, Carhartts are work clothes.

Even when fresh and new, and looking sharp, they are nothing you would wear to a club or to a funeral (ok, MOST funerals.)

They litterally cost more than the nicest clothes that I own, yet I wear them in the absolute worst environments.

If you find that a particular area shows more wear, then it is smart to get protective equipment to cover those areas more.
    At least then the Carhartts will last longer.

#3 puppykickr, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Rgarner likes this.