1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ChevyNo1's SS 4.7 has hit the scene

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FLroofpro, Aug 18, 2010.

?

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

32 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member

It might be a kernel issue, try rebooting into recovery and changing to another kernel.

2. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Android Enthusiast

After installing this my gmail fc's. Any ideas? Tried
    Clearing cache.

Fixed. Clear data also.

wadsface likes this.
  3. OneDisciple

OneDisciple Lurker

Alright I have been on 4.7 for 24hrs and so far I like it. I had some issues with Gmail FC's and glitches so I wiped and everything works smoothly. I could not get apps to restore but that is not a big deal to me. The rom runs very smooth and seems to run cooler then Liquid. I think I like liquid better at this point, but am going to keep runner 4.7 for a bit.
    OneDisciple

4. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

Pushed out an OTA patch last night - pretty cool. I wasn't having any of the issues fixed other than the 3g/wifi icon - process worked good.

5. Nyghtryder_9

Nyghtryder_9 Newbie

Running faster than ever. what can you say another great one from chevy.

Attached Files:

6. scottsdca

scottsdca Newbie

Has anybody else had a keyboard issue where the % and & are supposed to be? Some kind of glitch.

7. ScorpionX

ScorpionX Newbie

Yeah, although for me it's the & and < symbols that have that issue. I love the mod though but think I can do without the droid 2 keyboard (not a huge fan so far). When I get home I'm going to reinstall the the mod without the keyboard I think and maybe try out some different kernals as well.

8. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

What launcher are you using? Your bottom buttons look sweet!

Nyghtryder_9 likes this.
  9. qwer777

qwer777 Newbie

Im using the notheme version of Simply Stunning 4.7, and some parts of it are still themed, such as messaging and search. would it be possible to untheme them?

10. Nyghtryder_9

Nyghtryder_9 Newbie

Launcher pro with the Lp icons and dock.

11. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Android Enthusiast

Same here. And I kept hitting the "." when typing. Had to reinstall the ROM without the keyboard.

12. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

I personally have an issue with anyone besides VZW being able to push software to my phone. Not that I don't trust ChevyNo1 cuz he builds some great ROMs, but I'd like to know what keeps someone else from doing the same, saying they're ChevyNo1 or using the same process to push some hackware or other crap to my phone.

Maybe it would be a little more easier to deal with if i knew how it works...

13. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member

I could have sworn my statusbar was black before the patch, now it's transparent, anybody else notice this?

update... looks like a simple restart fixed the transparent statusbar for me.

14. sranger

sranger Member

So far, this is hands down the best ROM I have tried. It truly solved the AAC+ streaming issue and runs quick, stable and low temp. I am using the stock 1Mhz LV kernel and it works great....

As for the OTA update, you have to go to Settings->ChevyNo1 Tools and accept the installation so I would not worry about it too much. Go here if you want to learn more about it:

SS Android &bull; View topic - SS 4.7 SS OTA Updates - How They'll Work

15. sranger

sranger Member

Thanks for the No Theme updates.... They did the trick....

16. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

I am extremely happy about the music controls in SS 4.7! It makes the Droid so much easier to use as an mp3 device. The only problem I have is that the camera button periodically gets toggled in my pocket and music starts playing when I don't want it to.

Is there an easy way to toggle the music controls on and off?

17. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

its in the settings under chevy tools i believe

18. Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor Well-Known Member

This is tempting

19. sranger

sranger Member

Here is the answer straight from the SS site:

"2. You can now control your tunes (Media Player, Pandora tested) while the screen is off! Longpress volume up/down to skip tracks. Camera focus (lightpress) to pause/play. Camera shutter (hardpress) to toggle the extended media controls on/off (not permanent like Tools UI which sticks beyond a reboot). I did NOT add graphical controls to the lockscreen. To me it seems pointless."

20. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

I've been running 4.71 for a little over 24 hours now, coming from 4.6. My phone love this rom I switched to lv 1.25 ghz chevy Kernel. And its screaming fast, melting ice smooth, and I only needed to charge at about 6pm (phone unplugged @ 6:30 am). I'm stoked, and loving this ROM almost as much as I loved being rooted for the first time.

21. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Member

Did you get patch #1? It removed the 'toggle' and changed the pause to a hardpress (shutter) on the camera button. That should solve the issue ...

22. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

Anybody have a fix for the Gmail FC issue, besides wiping data/cache? I was trying to avoid that.

23. droid9

droid9 Lurker

Gunnar, try clearing the data & cache of the Gmail app (not the phone) and resync.

Gunner likes this.
  24. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Member

droid9 is correct on the gmail fix :)

Gunner likes this.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews