• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chinese handwriting input and keyboard switching

kenster85

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
I have spent over a day on Google and have yet to find a solution to this so any help would be very much appreciated.

On my galaxy note 2 I have enable Chinese input, however every time I change to the language to Chinese via the keyboard and hold on the settings icon (next to the space key) there is no option for handwriting. However there is for English.

I have read somewhere that in some countries the available settings for each Note 2 are differ slightly.

So I installed some third party keyboards that allow me to handwrite Chinese, but their English input is really poor.

I have to keep changing the default keyboard every time I want to change language input.

So my question(s) are:
1) Is there anyway to get the Samsung native keyboard for Chinese handwriting input.
2) Is there a quick way of changing keyboards when you are in the middle of writing a message?

Thanks

Yes there is native Chinese keyboard and handwriting recognition for Samsung keyboard. You much go into the settings to enable handwriting in Chinese. It will automatically downloaded the needed files. Make sure you check the Chinese function to enable it

5y4e8a4y.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones