• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chinese phone not compatible with Play store apps.

Kenny Paul

Lurker
Feb 12, 2021
I have just bought an Xgody phone running Android 9. I was very pleased with it until I realised that I could not install some apps from Google Play store. Microsoft Office would not install but I found that Polaris office would.
Then, strangely when I tried to get the Santander mobile banking app I found that I could download Polish and Brazilian versions of it but NOT the UK version.
Any body got any idea what's going on and if there is a possible solution to this?

I have just bought an Xgody phone running Android 9. I was very pleased with it until I realised that I could not install some apps from Google Play store. Microsoft Office would not install but I found that Polaris office would.
Then, strangely when I tried to get the Santander mobile banking app I found that I could download Polish and Brazilian versions of it but NOT the UK version.
Any body got any idea what's going on and if there is a possible solution to this?

Are they showing as been incompatible with your device? But I know with banking and financial apps, they tend to have lists of approved devices that they support, which are usually popular ones, like Samsung Galaxy, and not some obscure import China phone. As for Santander, I suspect the UK, Polish, Brazilian, etc, are coming from different devs. Santander UK the Play Store dev is listed as "Santander UK plc", who very likely wouldn't have anything to do with the Brazilian one, etc.

You could try installing MS Office from https://www.apkmirror.com/ see if that runs. But I don't think there's much you can do about the Santander UK app and the Xgody, except changing phone.

FWIW Play Store shows the Santander UK banking app as been compatible with my Chinese version Huawei Mate 10, although if I could do any mobile banking or not with it,, no idea.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.santander.santanderUK

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones