1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support chismay has landed in the inconia section

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chismay, Dec 24, 2011.

1. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    hi guys just landed in from the galaxy ace forum as the christmas bells have rung ive got a iconia a500,

wanted to ask when i try to download a file direct from the net (chrome) to the iconia it says "you cannot save here" but if i save the fiel to desktop i can then move it to the iconia no probs any ideas?

Advertisement

2. chismay

None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
  3. al2fast

al2fast Member
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Appleton, WI
    I use dolphin browser and my files save to sdcard/DownloaD, but thats on the a500. Where you trying to save the files to on your a500, which directory? Sounds like you may be trying to save to a directory that you only have read rights to.

4. chismay

None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    well im sticking the micro usb in the tablet sticking the other end in the pc opening the usb on the tab and clicking the explore folders, this works fine, but if im on chrome with the pc and try to download direct to the tab's main storage through usb (with the music and android folders) it says im not allowed?

5. al2fast

al2fast Member
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Appleton, WI
    I was having issues saving ditectly to my interal and external storage after I re-installed win 7 the other day and prior to that had no issues. For whatever reason win 7 didn't install the drivers and device manager said driver wasn't installed, but it was recognized as a500 there. I downloaded the usb driver from acer support and now works. I'd try installing the first one listed here, which is also the larger one Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Tablet / ICONIA TAB / A500 then plug your a500 in and try again.

I was reading somewhere acer uses some copy protocol that is slow as molasses.

6. chismay

None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    ah srry left that out i did try the drivers from acer when i occured this prob but still i cannot download direct to my a500 from google chrome , i still have to download to desktop then copy to the a500, its wierd cos i can move files from the desktop to the a500 but cant download from the net direct to the a500 :thinking: not that bothered though its still the best device i have and have ever had, all i tell people is im waiting for the ipad 5 to come out so i can still take the piss out of it lmao :D