• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chismays Ultimate Galaxy Ace Guide v1.

Upvote 0
Just for the record, the way to get ES File Explorer to view Root is to go to Settings, scroll to the bottom, tick 'Root Explorer', allow SuperUser permission, then back in Settings scroll to 'Home Directory' and change it to /data/

If you want to get back to view sdcard the /mnt/sdcard should be on your favourites, and you can just type that back into the 'Home Directory'.

Reactions: scoop7
Upvote 0
I'm confused by this phone... I have a SGS which has embedded memory and I can manage that fine.

The Ace has viery little storage "on board" as far as I can tell, yet my partner has an 8Gig sd card installed. When I remove this card, the apps, pictures, music etc all are understandably, not shown on the phone as they're on the sd card. Now here's the confsingbit... Why is the phone running out of space...? There's almost 7 gig free on the sd card so why is the phone showing as only hving 25meg free.....???

Upvote 0
I'm confused by this phone... I have a SGS which has embedded memory and I can manage that fine.

The Ace has viery little storage "on board" as far as I can tell, yet my partner has an 8Gig sd card installed. When I remove this card, the apps, pictures, music etc all are understandably, not shown on the phone as they're on the sd card. Now here's the confsingbit... Why is the phone running out of space...? There's almost 7 gig free on the sd card so why is the phone showing as only hving 25meg free.....???

because there are many apps that you cannot move to sd by default you ,must follow the guide titled "force apps to sd" even then some data from each app still resides on the internal mem' thus still using up space. :D

Upvote 0
Hey Chismay plz help!! Iam nt able to deal up wid my low internal memory of my Ace!! I hav tried using sdk manager and have also downloaded Java but iam nt able to go forward with it!! when i open sdk manger a pop-up window comes nd tells an error! Plz hlp me solving dis issue plzzz.....

srry for the late reply,

android adk has NOTHING to do with free internal memory on your device. android sdk is development packages for creating applications,.

to free internal memory simply uninstall apps, games. or move them to the sd card.

Upvote 0
srry for the late reply,

android adk has NOTHING to do with free internal memory on your device. android sdk is development packages for creating applications,.

to free internal memory simply uninstall apps, games. or move them to the sd card.

But i hav seen in some videos dat after installing android sdk nd by some small process we can move mst of our apps to de sd card!!(Even u hav suggested dat at start of dis thread). Is dat true??:thinking: Also i hav tried many things for emptying my apps from internal memory bt to no result!! I hav been constantly struggling to solve dis problem......:(

Upvote 0
But i hav seen in some videos dat after installing android sdk nd by some small process we can move mst of our apps to de sd card!!(Even u hav suggested dat at start of dis thread). Is dat true??:thinking: Also i hav tried many things for emptying my apps from internal memory bt to no result!! I hav been constantly struggling to solve dis problem......:(

ok look.

two things. android sdk
android adb
two very different things you use adb to send a command to your phone and set it to use sdcard as default storage location.

once you click the link in that paragraph like anyone else would and learn to see the very major difference in adb and sdk (both letters on either end are different) im sure you will find thing clearer.;)

Upvote 0
pls help me friends recentl i saw a mobile brought from germany it is samsung wave m
i noticed that when ever msg received it says the details of the messenger
(e.g:if the msg is from siva it say msg from siva )and even calls do the same
he said that he synchz the voice and text -is this possible to do in galaxy ace

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones