• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
ok so I downloaded chomp sms for my behold 2..the problem is that now I get two notifications on my status bar..I now I'm supposed to uncheck notifications in the messaging app but I cant seem to find it..please help!!! thanks!!!

Are you using the stock 1.5 build with twiz and all that? If so there is no way to disable the notification thats in the built in messenger app. There is a 1.6 galaxy port BH_MAN has done that will allow you to disable that setting since its based off galaxy.

Upvote 0
Are you using the stock 1.5 build with twiz and all that? If so there is no way to disable the notification thats in the built in messenger app. There is a 1.6 galaxy port BH_MAN has done that will allow you to disable that setting since its based off galaxy.

Actually you can get root and delete TwMms.apk to remove the double notifications. Just be warned that if you don't replace it with a working Mms.apk(this will give you the option to remove notifications), MMS messages won't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones