• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ChompSMS and Messages problem

Ok, so i've installed Chomp and i love it over the stock SMS on the Hero (or T-Mobile G2 Touch here in England).
However... I've done everything suggested here to stop the stock notification but i'm still getting 2. :thinking:
I've unchecked recieve notifications in the stock Message program using the menu settings (in the message program itself).
Still getting the green chomp notification that opens chomp and the white default new message notification that will take me to the stock messaging application. :mad:
Yes, i know i've ticked all the right boxes and yes, i've removed the default widget from my home screen.
I've looked in TaskPanel and it shows chomp running and no sign of the stock SMS application yet still 2 bloody notifications !! GRRRRR :mad:
Right now i'm wondering if deleting the Messages (8.00KB) and Messages Widget (0.00B) from the manage applications screen will help ? :eek:

Upvote 0
So I am having a problem making chompsms as my default messaging. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. The only problem I am having with it is that the original messaging system is still showing that I have unread messages on my screen before I unlock my phone. How do I get that to go away. Someone please help me!

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem...
Does anybody please know how to solve this thing?

I would be very grateful :p

Upvote 0
i have a problem with Chomp SMS :D I always get one new message when I don't have any... It goes away everytime I open the original messaging on my SE arc S. Do I have to force close it?

Just a guess, but make sure you go into the settings for your original messaging app and disable all of the notifications there. If you don't, you'll be notified of new messages, even once you've read them in ChompSMS. The same advice applies to any and all third party SMS apps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones