• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ChompSMS - VK Application

I have to say, I tried this app on for size, and didn't really like it. I'll admit, the onscreen keyboard is cool, but when cupcake comes out we'll all have that anyway. Plus, half the time I didn't get notifications for new messages. Now what good is a messaging program that doesn't let you know when you get a message?!?

On another note, I'm proud not to be a iTool, why would I want a messaging app that copies the iPhone? Just sayin...

Upvote 0
I haven't missed a message yet...except those I don't know about ;-)

Seriously though the iPhone has a great keyboard implementation and having chomp copy it is not a problem. It might when the new cupcake hits our devices (months from now) I de-install it.

But I like the keyboard for a quick reply and I kept the app because the dev is friendly and replies to emails.

Upvote 0
IMHO the best thing about the iPhone keyboard is their auto correct feature. you can just type away and it (for the most part) figures out what you were trying to type. Since chomp didn't have this I had to type really slowly. Maybe my fingers are unusally large, but I just couldn't get it to react to me properly. I can definitely see the advantages of an on-screen keyboard for quick replies, but it's just not for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones