1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Choosing b/w Inspire 4g ,Thunderbolt. A couple questions...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by westcoastflava, Mar 19, 2011.

1. westcoastflava

None

Nov 10, 2009
    Los Feliz Village, CA
    So I believe I am switching from Verizon to AT&T (Yes you read that right).

I have a few reasons for this, a big one being the ease of international use. But honestly, I played with the Thunderbolt for a while at the verizon store, and I just don't like it as much! It seems slower, less attractive, bulkier, and just doesn't feel right. I'm also nervous about the batter being worse, even though it has a bigger battery. The only reason I'm hesitant is of course LTE, but I'm not sure if that matters to me, because it seemed like the latency was just as bad as 3g, but the peak speed is much better.

Anyway, my questions:

I never felt the need to root my Moto Droid, but I might try it with this phone. Is there any difference between the ease of doing so between these two phones?

LTE: Is there any improvement with latency with LTE, or is it just bandwidth (for instance, will a minimal site like google.com come up noticeably faster)?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Yes, LTE has improved latency. I don't have any numbers to back it up, but I do notice a consider difference in speed when loading webpages between the droid x and thunderbolt. This includes minimal sites such as google.com.