• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Choosing best phone below 15k

Welcome.

Under 15k of which denomination in which country?

(All phones are under 2k in the US, UK and Europe I think)

Some models are available in regional markets like India and Hong Kong that are not directly sold elsewhere.

Perhaps if you mention which devices you are considering, some of us can recommend the best value in terms of reliable brands with good support, and internal specification.

I have two 2020 Xiaomi devices (and an older Motorola E6 and Nokia 7 Plus) here in the UK. A lot of members are in the US.

Upvote 0
Me thinks OP forgot a decimal point. Either that or Rolex has made a smartphone.

I doubt size is even considered given all phones today are made for giants or basketball players. I haven't seen a phone under 6" (6.5" is seemingly the standard) since 2017. I'd give a ton though for a phone that has a 4" display and slider keyboard running Android 2.3 but having VoLTE support. That'd be what would get me back into smartphones again.

Upvote 0
It has to be 15k Indian Rupees which is about £153 GBP / 183 US Dollars - so Google tells me.

India is a big market for phones, and I've watched a few reviews for Indian phones in English, but I don't know or remember if the budget sector is good value there, or overpriced.

@Shruthikal the plain, 4g, Redmi Note 11 (not Pro) is reduced to that price (£150) in the UK this week and is a great deal for that.
I'm curious what it's priced at in India.

Xiaomi (inc Redmi and Poco) have daily price drops each week on different models here in the UK. What brands are you interested in?
Motorola, Nokia, Samsung (the A04s is no good) or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Maybe above the OP's budget?

vertu.jpg

Upvote 0
MikeDT, is that thing even 4G LTE? Looks like a feature phone that would be 3G at best!

Yup, that's exactly what it is. And it's at least 10 years old. The Vertu company went bankrupt in 2017, presumably they couldn't find enough customers with more money than sense(nouveau riche. tuhao, oligarchs, etc.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Redmi Note
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
really? why? which Note version?

if you are going to participate and make suggestions, it would be really helpful to comment why you like this device. it will help the op and others as well who read this thread.

but without knowing which monetary the 15K that the op is talking about, its hard to recommend something.

Upvote 0
I meant 15000 in Indian rupees.
My requirement is :
1. Good camera
2. Good battery backup
3. Reliability
4. Support more 5G bands

I want to buy phone with above all specifications in India.

{Sorry I never posted this at the time.}

The following and more could be bought at some time close to £150 UK / 15k Rupee, though many list above that price:

Poco M5s 4G only (not Poco M5)

Redmi Note 11, (4G)

Moto G32,

Moto G62 {5G)

Poco X4 Pro (excellent value when discounted to this level in the past)

Redmi Note 11 Pro if heavily discounted (same phone as the Poco X4 Pro with different casing and maybe camera pod design iirc)

The 2021 Redmi Note 10 Pro is also excellent and you should manage to get one cheaply - just security updates will not continue as long, and it's unlikely to get Android 14, or even 13 - I haven't checked recently.

There will be Realme models, plus Oppo, Honor, Vivo etc that may be good value.

I don't know which are available in India.

The forum members who post questions from India generally don't later find other queries they could respond to, understandably.

Can you install the Mi Store app (maybe the Xiaomi Store app now). We get weekly and daily specials on particular models here, plus you can build up discount points and coupons, and get a small discount for just downloading the app.

Have you made a purchase or a shortlist.
Let us know if you can.

It's always very difficult to compile a list that would be perfect for one individual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones