1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Choosing default?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gremlin256, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

So does anyone know how to stop the phone asking to choose the default app to open?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Check the little box that says always use this app... (or something like that)

3. Gremlin256

I do.. And it keeps coming back with the same list.. random times too..

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

For what action?

5. Gremlin256

Lately it has been for youtube from chrome..

6. fizzicist

fizzicist Lurker

Are you tapping the app name, or the OK button? In a weird usability inconsistency, tapping the app doesn't set it as a default. Only tapping OK when the checkbox is ticked does that.

7. Klotar

Klotar Well-Known Member

I've noticed, since switching from G2 to G3 recently, that some of the dialogs for setting the defaults are... well, backwards.

What I mean by that is, let's say you want to view a picture and you haven't set the default. After clicking on the picture, you get a popup and list of choices and a checkbox, pre-checked, that says 'always use this' or whatever, meaning that will be your default. On the G2, all these dialogs were similar.

On the G3, sometimes it is like that but on occasion, the popup and list is different. Not only is the checkbox NOT pre-checked, but clicking the list item will do the action before you even get a chance to tick the checkbox or click 'OK'. I don't think I am wording this well (sorry!) but because I wasn't able to check the checkbox, it will ask me again next time. AND because the wrong list item was selected/highlighted, I dare not check the checkbox or it will become my default when I wanted some other list item to be default (except if I select that other item, I don't get to check the checkbox). Am I making sense? LOL, I barely follow it myself and I typed it -- but I can't think of a better way to describe it.

8. Gremlin256

I think I found the culprit. LastPass app I uninstalled it and it looks that fixed the issue...

Klotar: I think I understand what you are saying :)

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews