1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Choosing Which Contacts to Display (S9 AT&T)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bruce_205, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Bruce_205

Bruce_205 Member

How do I select specific groups of contacts to display on the phone, or be able to hide others? In my last phone it was under manage contacts. I do not see an option to do this. All of my contacts display.

Is this something that AT&T removed from their version? Or was it removed from the newer versions of Android?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I'm not sure if the Samsung stock contacts app has that feature but if you use Google's you can.

GameTheory likes this.
  3. Bruce_205

Bruce_205 Member

I tried the Google contacts app. It does not appear to have a way of filtering contacts to display either.

4. lunatic59

It's buried pretty deep. You open the contacts app, then go to the three dost in the upper right (menu) and select contact settings>display>customize and you should be able to filter what you are seeing.

5. Bruce_205

Bruce_205 Member

I do not have that on my phone. I wonder if its a Samsung thing, AT&T, or was the feature removed in Android 9.0 which I was updated to?

6. lunatic59

Are you sure you're using the Google Contacts app? I would expect Samsung's app to be called "contacts" too. It's just a different front end to the same data.

7. Bruce_205

Bruce_205 Member

Ok, I found it in the Google Contacts app. On mine, the 3 dots in the top right gives the options Select, Select All, and Customize View - that's the one I was looking for. However..... I can customize it all I want but the phone's default contacts app is Samsung's. The "set as default" option in app settings is grey out. How else could I get Google's contact app to show in my phone dialer app?

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews