• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Christmas gift for my self.

Kind of on a limited budget, but what would be better in the long run?
I will have Nexus 7.

Kyocera Rise via VirginMobileUSA - $50 phone + $45/Month 1200 minutes unlimited Data and Text.

Nexus 4 via StraighTalk via ATT Micro Sim Card - $300 Phone + $45/Month Unlimited everything.

I wanted to post here instead of in a certain phone forums. Trying to get an unbiased opinion.

The ultimate for limited budget is RepublicWireless with their $250 Motorola Defy XT. $19/mo unlimited talk, text, and data.

But if you can swing the extra money, I too would go for the Nexus 4 + any of the MVNO providers out there (several offer "bring your own phone" - including Straight Talk).

Upvote 0
I'm a nubi to the whole smartphone experience (3 months) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Samsung Proclaim thru Walmart Sraight Talk. $45/month for unlimited everything. The Proclaim is the only phone that S.T. carries that uses the Verizon network. I paid $180 for my phone and love it....plus, the other day I notice they have it for $150. Great deal as far as I'm concerned.

A really big help to me was going on YouTube and seeing demos for whatever phone you are considering.

Go to YouTube and type "Straight Talk Samsung Proclaim" into the search box. Check out a video by 'wackbirdz' (10-15 min.) which will give a really good demo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones