• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Christmas present for mom

Hey guys,

I want to get my mom an android phone for christmas, either something new, or something "like new". I do only wanna spend about $200 though. Now, my mom isnt the most tech-savy person in the world, but she likes my phone, and others like it, so I figured I'd get her one so she can ditch her crappy old CDMA phone. Anyone know what a guy would find out there for new phones, or relatively new phones without scratches for around $200?

Hey guys,

I want to get my mom an android phone for christmas, either something new, or something "like new". I do only wanna spend about $200 though. Now, my mom isnt the most tech-savy person in the world, but she likes my phone, and others like it, so I figured I'd get her one so she can ditch her crappy old CDMA phone. Anyone know what a guy would find out there for new phones, or relatively new phones without scratches for around $200?

is she out of contract or update coming up? this will help you get a new phone for that price.

Since she is not techy.. I would recommend that you look at phones by HTC that have Sense ui.

Upvote 0
Wow!

Thats a very sweet and kind thing for you to do Erixon dude! I only get my mom small things lol i am a cheap skate ;)

I shud get my mom something cool too for xmas now... :) you have inspired me!

Anywayz... :)

hmm if u have a X10 sony ericsson then i would suggest purchasing an X10 mini / X10 mini pro for your mother. It has the same GUI (graphics user interface) as the X10! And is a lot cheaper than the X10...

I think it is like 200 Canadian Dollars but i cud be wrong here.

I don't know if Vodafone is in Canada but there is the Vodafone 845 and there is also the LG Optimus dude that is also cheap aswell!

Hope this helps dude!

And keep well dude!

Stinky Stinks ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones