1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome and Gmail changed for tablets?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by HarryC, Nov 4, 2020.

1. HarryC

HarryC Member

I have a Samsung T590 galaxy, and after a recent update it seems Chrome and Gmail have somehow reverted to the phone versions.

I can't work out how to get the column view on Gmail (list of emails on the left, body of email on the right).

Chrome has become clunky and unresponsive too, I can't make the tab view appear and when opening it on it's own without using a link there's not even a search field in view. The 'back' function just doesn't work, and often it's just a black screen which does nothing. It sort of works in vertical but is completely useless in horizontal.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sullencab

sullencab Member

Not sure how to go around this. If you try to call Google, you might be put on hold for a long while.

3. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Simple download edge :) Works like a charm.

4. mrsmagnuson

mrsmagnuson Lurker

Well, if you tilt your tablet to a "landscape" position (if you see what I mean) , then you will see both the list of emails and the message. It seems to be a matter of geometry.
    Out of curiosity, do you get the latest gmail app version on your tablet? I am having trouble with updating my gmail app at all. My phone has an updated gmail version from November, but my tablet app version is from June. I don't understand why.