• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome + Android 2.2

CHROME FOR ANDROID - well technically the first step is going to be Chrome-to-Android extension for Android 2.2

Basically you are on a website and click a button and the same website is automatically opened on your phone (on google maps, it would be opened in that program)

Apparently they (Google) are also working on a Chrome Mobile Browser

There is a browser poll going on, if Chrome was on android I bet it would be the end all be all of mobile browsing.

On a different note, downloading Fennec (mobile FF for my DINC)

Ah, the evolution of cloud computing makes one more step forward.

That's not cloud computing, that's sending a message to your phone lol. Come on guys, if you like to just throw around buzz words and believe hype, then go buy apple products, Dinc owners should be a little more realistic.

BTW, chrome browser sucks, and I sorta doubt it would work any better than stock browser.

Upvote 0
I'm not a huge fan of Chrome. Didn't seem any faster than Firefox and lacked a lot of the add-ons that I have for Firefox.

I'd be interested in Chrome Mobile though because this little extension thingy sounds pretty damn useful.

When was the last time you used Chrome? Lots more add ons now then there were like 6 months ago. Also I usually test all browsers out, firefox/chrome/safari/Opera.. I never really notice differences in speed either...

On topic tho, I think Chrome mobile would be nice, who makes the stock browser now?

Upvote 0
Same question for me, i run Ubuntu and FireFox is noticeably slower than Chrome on my laptop.

Plus I have the exact same extensions that I had on Firefox a year or so ago on Chrome plus a lot of ones Firefox doesnt

Chrome can sync favorites/extensions across multiple computers

EDIT: QR Code Extension rules, even for you FF users...definitely get it

Upvote 0
When was the last time you used Chrome? Lots more add ons now then there were like 6 months ago. Also I usually test all browsers out, firefox/chrome/safari/Opera.. I never really notice differences in speed either...

On topic tho, I think Chrome mobile would be nice, who makes the stock browser now?

Probably about 2-3 months ago. The biggest missing piece was FoxyTunes. I use that all the time and there was nothing like it on Chrome at the time. I could have lived without the other minor stuff but no FoxyTunes or FireNes was what made me go back to Firefox.

Upvote 0
Probably about 2-3 months ago. The biggest missing piece was FoxyTunes. I use that all the time and there was nothing like it on Chrome at the time. I could have lived without the other minor stuff but no FoxyTunes or FireNes was what made me go back to Firefox.

Alright, thats legit reasoning. I used to have to switch back to view youtube when they first made the switch to HTML5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones