• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome app, hide searches?

Searches just started populating on the Chrome app and I want them gone, I don't care if site shortcuts show but I don't want a bunch of magnifying glasses showing.

I'm referring to the space below the search bar and above the 'discovery' area. Is there a way to control what goes there or is this another case of Google being 'helpful'?

Screenshot_20221209-201937~2.png

Thanks, yeah, all I've found is remove (I do that already for sites I don't want) they're just going to annoy me forever. I have web actively turned off so they really should never show anywhere but here we are. I do love to hate Google who bugs me in their own special infernal way.

Upvote 0
Heh, been using it for so long it's a bad habit now. I've tried others (including ddg) and keep going back, ugh. Was just wondering if there was an option I'd missed to stop it really. Besides, I don't know if I can learn to have that special hate for a new site :D
Thanks though!

Upvote 0
Heh, been using it for so long it's a bad habit now. I've tried others (including ddg) and keep going back, ugh. Was just wondering if there was an option I'd missed to stop it really. Besides, I don't know if I can learn to have that special hate for a new site :D
Thanks though!
Your welcome too :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones