1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome Browser does not load pages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yachats, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Yachats

Yachats Lurker

Chrome will stop working after a while on my Verizon Note 3. It will just not load any pages. To fix it, you must STOP chrome and then relaunch, it then loads pages fine for a while. All this occurs on a wifi connection that is working fine from either another computer or another browser on the Note 3. I don't have a good mobile connection from this area. Is it trying to load pages from a mobile network even thought it has zero bars ?
    Ideas ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Well to check that last theory, just turn off data. Then it definitely won't be trying to do that.

Otherwise, have you tried reinstalling Chrome? or perhaps going to Settings > Apps > Chrome then clear the cache?

3. Yachats

Yachats Lurker

Yes, clearing cache works too. Mobile off still hangs the page loading so I guess it's not trying to use mobile network. I did reinstall chrome but same thing happens. Maybe kit kat will be here soon.

4. lterry913

lterry913 Member

I love chrome but it really seems to hang up a lot like this for me too...it just freezez up or stops loading [ages or images...i had to switch to dolphin...too bad because I like the convenience of syncing chrome bookmarks etc.

5. Digital Controller

Yeah try switching to a different browser, either the native browser, or perhaps dolphin or mozilla. :)

6. lterry913

lterry913 Member

Chrome would also get hung up and use battery...I read there were a few issues with this so I just disabled it after importing some bookmarks to dolphin.

7. Yachats

Yachats Lurker

Chrome beta has not had a problem thus far however after trying Dolphin I think that will be the browser for me.

8. Digital Controller

Yeah I have noticed Chrome Beta is surprisingly more reliable than regular Chrome. :thinking:

9. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Ad blocker can cause this if you have it. (old versions)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews