1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome Browser Question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SuperCK, Jul 2, 2013.

1. SuperCK

SuperCK Lurker

I currently use the stock browser and have google.com as my homepage when I launch the browser. When I launch Chrome it goes not allow me to change my default homepage to google.com. Is there a way to do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello SuperCK. Here's the whole Chrome user guide for you:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/169022?hl=en

..which includes the instructions to set your home page by browsing to the page you want as home (using the address bar at top to enter the page URL), then setting it as home in the settings menu. :)

I've relocated your thread here to the Android Lounge, out of The Lounge for you. :)

funkylogik likes this.
  3. SuperCK

SuperCK Lurker

In the settings menu I dont see the option.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

The 2nd way (there are 3 methods) is described in that manual I posted:

"Set homepage"

"Opens a dialog where you can enter the URL of a page that you want to open whenever you open a new Browser tab or touch the Home button on the Bookmarks or screen. If you prefer to open new Browser tabs more quickly, by not opening any page by default, leave the dialog blank."

-------------------

The words, "Set homepage" are not in your Chrome menu? I'm wondering what version of Chrome you have. :)

5. SuperCK

SuperCK Lurker

Galaxy S4 phone so whatever version it comes with.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I have the latest version of Chrome on my Tab and phone and yes I can't find the set homepage either. I seem to remember that option but I can't be sure if it was in regular Chrome or for the beta app in the Play Store. That one has more features and options.

7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

I alwayd thought Chrome has Google search set the default when installed?

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

He meant homepage. Currently it ipens up to the new tab page with bookmarks and stuff. But yes you can search directly by typing your query into the address bar without going to Google first.