1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome browser seems to be draining my battery more

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Samsparkin, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Samsparkin

Samsparkin Lurker

I really like the chrome browser but I've found it drains a lot of my battery. Is it so with others? I'm not a big fan of the native browser though I read it has better benchmarks. What should I do? I've deactivated the tilt to scroll operations as I've read in another thread that it consumes battery. Is dolphin better in this regard? Pls help. I'm using an unlocked S3 on jellybean 4.1.1

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Not normal. I would clear the browser caches or uninstall/reinstall it.

Samsparkin likes this.
  3. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

When using chrome browser make sure you exit out don't just hit the home button to get to your home screen it will keep running in the background, also go to applications all then running click click on chrome and force stop it if not it will keep running as if your still using it....

Samsparkin likes this.
  4. Samsparkin

Samsparkin Lurker

Thanks but I don't exit that way. I touch the tab on the upper right hand side and close the tabs and then press back. I don't use the menu button for any app. It doesn't run in the background either. It's only active when I use it. But the problem is it seems to be using too much battery.

5. Samsparkin

Samsparkin Lurker

You can see the screen shot. I was using it for around half an hour. I searched but could not find any benchmarks related to battery consumption by browsers, only their speed. Do u have any info in this regard? Is chrome a battery eater... is dolphin any better? The only prob I have is battery life. I love my phone otherwise

6. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

This may sound strange but I would experiment with what website you are going to if it keeps it up. Wonder if the website itself is running some kind of script or flash. Flash itself is very buggy.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews